New car time!

stuarty

Its 100% Porsche, its not like they buy in Hyundai coupes and re badge them. The Cayman and boxer are just aimed at different markets. Is a db9 a poor mans DBS? I tend to find the people who make these comments drive crap cars. Its a form of car envy, they can't have it so they'll try and make you feel crape about it as well.

I love crapes :lol:

Clearly you like BMWs, but I'm glad you have finally accepted no number of fancy gadgets makes up for not having a proper engine in the car :p

Why did you cancel the order for the M135i, Clarkson is a great entertainer but that's it, I remember he had a strong dislike of the Z, I certainly wouldn't cancel a order based on his ramblings....But I wouldn't have ordered a M135i in the first place, it's got a face only a mother could love.

If you have the cash get the M235i, they look lovely, or just bite the bullet and get a M3. You need to accept you cannot have performance AND economy AND cheap road tax, but at the same time it's clear you love BMWs so go for it get one with a proper engine.

Oh almost forgot....if you really want performance AND economy AND cheap road tax take a look at the Tesla S.

Faster than an AstonMartin Rapid, £6 to 'fill' up, 300 mile range, road tax exempt, battery swap takes <2 minutes at a supercharging station, and cheap servicing....showed the promotional video to my wife last night, even she was impressed. Cannot see me getting anything else when the time comes to replace the 335

Edited by gangzoom

Get a Cayman! IMHO it's major selling point is that it ISN'T a 911, so Porsche aren't handicapped by being forced to have the engine somewhere miles back, beyond the rear axle.

Either way, they'll all be pretty awesome!

Clearly you like BMWs, but I'm glad you have finally accepted no number of fancy gadgets makes up for not having a proper engine in the car :p

Why did you cancel the order for the M135i, Clarkson is a great entertainer but that's it, I remember he had a strong dislike of the Z, I certainly wouldn't cancel a order based on his ramblings....But I wouldn't have ordered a M135i in the first place, it's got a face only a mother could love.

If you have the cash get the M235i, they look lovely, or just bite the bullet and get a M3. You need to accept you cannot have performance AND economy AND cheap road tax, but at the same time it's clear you love BMWs so go for it get one with a proper engine.

The Z4 35is m sport, also has great performance, good on fuel and cheap tax and pretty rare. You can tell them from other Z4's because they have silver wing mirrors.

Still not made my mind up yet, every time i decide on one , 10 reasons to buy the other come up. I'll get there though.

I'm keeping my z4 3.0si for my wife, so that's a reason not to get the Z4 etc etc! Lol

VXR? Proper quick apparently :)

I've had 2 astra VXR's. I bought a new one in 2008 from woods vauxhall. I was going to buy a demonstrator for £18000 as they cost £21000 new. The sales manager told me about vauxhall partners scheme. I managed to buy a new factory ordered car for £15400, because I was a member of Unison!!

Drove the car for a year and sold it for more or less what I paid for it.

To this day any car i get my Wife always say's, "I don't think this is as fast as that blue car you had"! Lol.

Think it was the turbo tbh and the induction noise was awesome, but torque steer it did and under steered around roundabouts etc with the slightest throttle. I ended up getting it stage 1 then stage 2 before i sold it.

Edited by stuarty

• 2 weeks later...

Last month I put a deposit on a new BMW M135i. I loved the way the car drove and BMW was doing a cracking PCP on them. A week later I started having second thoughts as I just couldn't take to how it looked. Then I watched top gear and although I know Clarkson can be ridiculous at times, his comments still carry some weight with most viewers and I got a bit of stick at work. Anyway BMW made a blunder with my order which I wasn't happy with as it was setting my delivery date back by weeks and the price was increased. The dealership agreed that I could cancel my order and I did.

I then reverted back to my previous choices of:

BMW Z4 35is M sport in alpine white.

Nissan 370z GT in white

Porsche Cayman s in seal grey.

I spent the last week visiting dealerships and I had an extended test drive in all 3.

The things that were most important to me was how the car looked in the flesh, performance, mpg, servicing and road tax.

All cars looked stunning but in the flesh the cayman looked best in my opinion. I felt, and I'm no expert that the z4 35is was significantly quicker (May have been because it was twin turbo). The BMW was also the most economical by far. Servicing and road tax was also cheaper in the Z4.

I felt the 370z was the most practical car and easiest to live with daily. It also had most driver space.

But I know it sounds ridiculous but I cant get past the Porsche badge.

In order of preference the BMW came out on top and having the same engine as the M135i was a bonus. Followed by the Cayman and finally the 370Z. I know I'm no expert and I'm still deciding what to buy but the Cayman is tempting.

How ironic. I've just placed an order for an M135i so my 370 is now up for sale.

• Like 1

You got stick at work because of it. Sure, you mentioned other stuff too, but you wouldn't have mentioned the Clarkson bit at all if it hadn't had some effect on your purchasing decision.

Your wrongggg!

I only mentioned it in my first post because I knew you would, your just ragging because you didn't get the chance, haha!

I have no idea either. I'm assuming it means something like 'annoyed'.

Not sure why I would have been annoyed because I didn't mention something Clarkson said, despite not having watched TG for eight odd years.

Not sure why I would have been annoyed because I didn't mention something Clarkson said, despite not having watched TG for eight odd years.

Sorry "Raging"! Predictive text error!

It's the typical way to backpeddle out of an embarrassing situation I believe, LOL YOU FELL FOR THE JOKE LOL. JOKE.

• Like 1