Nardi replica 330mm wheel. (eBay) review.

Jay-350z

I bought this replica for £60 delivered. I was a bit sceptical buying a wheel from china. :-/. But I thought screw it I will go for it. So it came and to my amazement, it could fool quite a few! It came in a nardi box for a start. Hears some pictures to the extent they went to, to do a full blown fake! Ha

ymuzybu7.jpg

agegygyb.jpg

And hears the best bit!!

e6ydavyb.jpg

I'm sure the quality is not as good. But I'm sold on it being that it's a saving of 200%!! Anyone looking at them I can say that I'm happy with mine. :).

I get buying knock-off bodykits. I get buying knock-off exhausts. I even get buying knock-off stereos.

I don't get buying knock-off parts that are absolutely critical to the driving experience. Things like seats, wheels, steering wheels. Things that, if they break, could lead to something Very Bad Indeed happening.

Whatever dude, your risk. Looks pretty, but sod that. For the sake of a hundred quid, not sure I'd risk it.

• Like 3

God! You guys are such brand followers. Haha. A cheap boss I understand. But there's not much that can go wrong with a wheel! And there is zero flex in the wheel! Wait a min I my wheel spacers don't have ebachi stamped on them, there almost defiantly going to magically explode. :-/

That video :lol:

Mate chuck it in the bin, open up a paypal case and buy a real one. For 130 quid extra you'd be silly not to. Peanuts really in comparison to what's at stake

Its not even that much more, i paid less than £150 for a brand new Nardi wheel ;)

It's not even the fact that's it's a fake Jay-350z that bothers me. It's more the safety aspect and relying on that thing to do the job intended especially if in a crash situation.

I mean for example "Tegiwa" make a copy of the famous "Gruppe M" induction kit for the EP3 Civic Type R. It uses a K&N filter just like the original & also has a carbon fibre surround but it is still essentially a copy. Now I'd have no issues buying one of those after all it is around £300 cheaper.

But when your talking something like a steering wheel or brake parts or suspension parts then these are all parts to me that if they go wrong could lead to serious injury, if not death and at the very least damage to your beloved car.

That wheel probably does look great & is fine for the money you've paid but it's only when you have an accident that you're suddenly going to be wishing you'd paid that little bit more cash for the real deal as the spokes buckle and shear off stabbing you in the face.

Some owners are a different breed Dan ;)

Or simply a different generation. :-P

I'm the generation of slamming cars, rendering them in drivable, crazy tyre stretch, camber ect... What's safe? Ha.

Edited by Jay-350z

My cars on its arse im 22 but still shelled out on a genuine Personal Wheel its fine putting your own life at risk but when you having a heavy drive and the metal sheers and you cant turn and go head on into a car carrying a family saying that anyone i hope then it clicks

and rota are JWL VIa tested what safety testing certification does your wheel have?

Haha, I love a good debate, firstly it won't simply snap off, it's made from sheet aluminium, not cast, sheet metal is rolled with the aid of heat, there for it's quite a strong material, the way you brake sheet metal is through metal fatigue, this is when a material is bent repeatedly until it snaps, as the video above demonstrates, the idea of just driving along and it just suddenly just snapping off is just plain ridiculous. ;)

I bought this replica for £60 delivered. I was a bit sceptical buying a wheel from china. :-/. But I thought screw it I will go for it. So it came and to my amazement, it could fool quite a few! It came in a nardi box for a start. Hears some pictures to the extent they went to, to do a full blown fake! Ha

ymuzybu7.jpg

I'm sure the quality is not as good. But I'm sold on it being that it's a saving of 200%!! Anyone looking at them I can say that I'm happy with mine. :).

Regardless of the safety debate, which has only one real outcome, I'm pretty sure that's not installed in the correct location :lol:

• Like 1