Fuel Type Query

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Was reading a few posts regarding using 95 Ron in the 350Z. I don't put 95 Ron in my 350Z anyway, but was wondering if anyone knew if there was a handy app available which would show you petrol stations in an area and the types of fuel they sell. Would help if I am quite a distance from home and in an area I don't know, so I could easily find a garage in that area selling the type of fuel I want.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Any fuel that meets BS7800 will be fine. No app that I know of for everything, but it's not hard to figure out which pump is super and which isn't.

Just keep a bottle of octane booster in the boot in case you ever get caught out (like in the wilderness in the highlands).

The Shell website has a a map showing whereabouts their petrol stations are throughout the UK and i used to have a free app on my old Blackberry that gave prices and types of fuel on sale at most garages, unfortunately i can't recall the name of it the moment (it also gave names of cinemas, restaurants).

The Shell website has a a map showing whereabouts their petrol stations are throughout the UK and i used to have a free app on my old Blackberry that gave prices and types of fuel on sale at most garages, unfortunately i can't recall the name of it the moment (it also gave names of cinemas, restaurants).

Shell Motorist on AppStore or GooglePlay

Both shell and BP have an app, also tells you if they have a jet wash for emergency rinses or if they only got the paint stripper style car wash. If you venture north of Fort William, email Gleaner with your route and they'll tell you their stations with super along the way. Very friendly customer service.

Edit: as per Dan above a couple of octane booster bottles fit nicely in the little cubbies in the rear.

Edited by SuperStu

Petrol prices pro app ? I haven't used it, I use the free petrolprices.com website when looking for the cheapest prices

+1 petrolprices.com

Been using it for a couple of years now. I think it's great especially as it shows you the cheapest around and you can set up email alerts for weekly updates etc.

Good website :thumbs: