Which brake discs and pads?

gstraw

Hey

Looking for new pads and discs. What do people recommend? Was thinking of OEM but wondering if aftermarket is any better or cheaper?

Also where can I get OEM discs and pads from? Surely there are cheaper places than nissan?

Infinity have quoted me £300 for eon pads and disks.

Thanks

I'm using ferodo ds2500 pads, they seem good to me from cold and under spirited conditions. Loads of options though that are sexier than OEM, check out cougarstore, Tarmac, Clark's and h-dev just for a starter :lol:, I'm sure there's more too.

If you're doing pads and discs I think braided lines and updated fluid at the same time would make sense. Have fun, you're going to have loads to choose from.

I'm using ferodo ds2500 pads, they seem good to me from cold and under spirited conditions. Loads of options though that are sexier than OEM, check out cougarstore, Tarmac, Clark's and h-dev just for a starter :lol:, I'm sure there's more too.

If you're doing pads and discs I think braided lines and updated fluid at the same time would make sense. Have fun, you're going to have loads to choose from.

+1 on all that. ;)

I've got Ferodo DS2500 pads as well and they work great on my 350. B)

Firstly well done for being one of only 11 people in England who have bought an "Infiniti" branded vehicle.

TBH £300 for new discs and pads on all four corners sounds like a pretty good deal. I would've expected a quote £550 from a main dealer. Unless the G37 has a JDM style floating caliper setup?

Some of the traders on here will probably be able to do you a better deal. They'll be along in a few femtoseconds...

Firstly well done for being one of only 11 people in England who have bought an "Infiniti" branded vehicle.

TBH £300 for new discs and pads on all four corners sounds like a pretty good deal. I would've expected a quote £550 from a main dealer. Unless the G37 has a JDM style floating caliper setup?

Some of the traders on here will probably be able to do you a better deal. They'll be along in a few femtoseconds...

He doesn't have an infinity, he has a 370z and the price is for front discs and pads only :thumbs:

Hey

Yup it's a 370z I have but we get a preferential rate from infinity in Glasgow.

I've seen stop tech but the disks are £300 and I've seen some crazy prices for ferrodo pads.

Aftermarket seems to be more expensive I'm finding. Also I think I may prefer solid disks since I can't find any place that will skim drilled or grooved disks. For future incase I need to get them skimmed.

I think OEM brembo pads should be in the £80-90 region if you're not looking to take the car on track at any point (pagids and ferodos are expensive for a reason). Likewise drilled or grooved discs would likely be overkill for road use. And if they worked so well Boeing would probably use drilled discs on 747s (to reduce weight or increase "performance"?) but they don't.... :stir:

Sometimes it's better to find out who actually makes the discs/pads

and buy direct, before Nissan add their slice on

This is what I did with my 911, oem parts but not at dealer prices

I know akebono make the calipers but no idea what make the discs

And pads are ??

Iirc R35LEE was breaking a 370z with 2k miles on the clock, I've sent him a link to this thread :thumbs:

IMO the brakes on the 370z are very good and unless you're doing track days or it's cheaper then it's waste of money upgrading

Edited by GIXXERUK

Hey

Yup it's a 370z I have but we get a preferential rate from infinity in Glasgow.

I've seen stop tech but the disks are £300 and I've seen some crazy prices for ferrodo pads.

Aftermarket seems to be more expensive I'm finding. Also I think I may prefer solid disks since I can't find any place that will skim drilled or grooved disks. For future incase I need to get them skimmed.

Maybe I will have to set up a franchise in Scotland, skimming drilled/grooved discs is a large part of my business.

If its for normal road use the Pagid discs with aftermarket Brembo pads will be fine http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79142-pagid-brembo-discs-for-350z-230-for-front-and-rear-delivered/

For more serious fast road use or track work then the DBA T3 with Ferodo DS2500 or similar is a popular choice http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80891-dba-4000-t3-350zbrembo-299-special-new-reduced-price-299/

We will also have the new DBA T2 Slotted discs arriving in the next few weeks, we will have more details when they arrive.

Ewen

Infinity Glasgow are a trader on here and reports back from members who used their services have been very good:

http://www.350z-uk.c...centre-glasgow/

• Like 1

Mtec have a good price for disks and mintex pads for £182 all in. Pretty good price. Anyone used them?

Have heard of them but I haven't used them, I can't see they list the 370 ? did you sort out the warped discs ? you didn't conclude your other thread with a reply