Martial Arts

Flex

Any other martial artists around on here?

I just passed my Tae Kwon Do Black Stripe grading after several years, now got to aim for my black belt. So chuffed after I had a couple of years out and hard training over the last year has paid off.

Sorry for the shameless bragging thread, just wanted to share!!

• Like 2

I used to practice Jeet Kune Do although I haven't done it for years now and my younger brother (he's 32) now does kickboxing locally ~ he has won a few competitions which I am proud of him for doing as he's only been at it a year or two & he was never the most out going person when younger.

I would say they should teach martial arts in schools (as it's great exercise & builds character/respect) but unfortunately some kids/adults will always use it for the wrong reasons.

I used to practice Jeet Kune Do although I haven't done it for years now and my younger brother (he's 32) now does kickboxing locally ~ he has won a few competitions which I am proud of him for doing as he's only been at it a year or two & he was never the most out going person when younger.

I would say they should teach martial arts in schools (as it's great exercise & builds character/respect) but unfortunately some kids/adults will always use it for the wrong reasons.

I agree they should teach it but not with the last part, if it's taught properly then they would know not to use it for anything other than self defence. I think anyone that is going to abuse it would harm someone no matter what they knew anyway.

• Like 1

I agree they should teach it but not with the last part, if it's taught properly then they would know not to use it for anything other than self defence. I think anyone that is going to abuse it would harm someone no matter what they knew anyway.

You're probably right about that. ;)

That sounds so wrong, almost like your brother is roaming the local neighbourhood kicking people. Is he going "national" ;)