New wheels on ebay?

clockwize

Honestly mate, it's easier to set a budget.

Price depends if you want 18's or 19's, and don't forget to include tyres in your budget.

You can pay anything from £500 through to £5000 for wheels. Set your price and see what you can get.

IMG_0431.jpg

looking over different wheel finishes for our new releases

I thought it was just one guy sitting in front of a pc on the web working out which wheel design they would rip off next :p

As a business model you cant fault Rota and enjoyed reading the sales pitch. There is a reason why Rota got a bad rep, no smoke without fire and all that, having said that, it seems they have improved massively. But, they are still a cheap alternative and regardless of the pitch above, they are heavy and the finish can suffer (speaking from experience) compared to the wheels they have copied.

They make perfect sense if your drifting or on track, if you smash one its not that much to replace and they are readily available, would i put them on my pride and joy, no B)

Both myself and my friend run Rota Grid's and have had no issues with either production quality or finish. i agree there are lighter/better wheels available, but as a reasonable cost option they are hard to beat.

Wheels £500 to £600 for a decent set, Tyres £1,000 to £1,200 depending on size. :blush:

If thats what a decent set costs are the budget ones free??

:lol: :lol:

You can get a nice set of Enkeis for about £1200

P1011301Medium_zpse8d1658f.jpg

18/9.5, 18/10.5 ET15 :D

Those tyre sizes will be fine :thumbs:

I had my eye on those for a while, but i couldn't justify them and with the lazy "pick up only" I couldn't be bothered messaging the seller to explain to him how to ship a wheel.

I look forward to seeing them on the car, not seen them on a stock looking zed before :thumbs:

Do us a favour? Weigh them when they arrive, I'd be interested to see how they compare to UK Rays :)

Those tyre sizes will be fine :thumbs:

I had my eye on those for a while, but i couldn't justify them and with the lazy "pick up only" I couldn't be bothered messaging the seller to explain to him how to ship a wheel.

I look forward to seeing them on the car, not seen them on a stock looking zed before :thumbs:

Do us a favour? Weigh them when they arrive, I'd be interested to see how they compare to UK Rays :)

I'm in Kent so Surrey Isn't the end of the world for me, hopefully I haven't sold the BMW before next Sunday as I don't think 4 wheels with tyres will fit in the back :lol:

Wouldn't I need to take the tyres off to weigh them and get something useful? I'll do it next time I change them (he said there is reasonable tread, but I'll find out what that actually means when I pick them up I guess..)

Cheers

Nice find, odd sizes though. 18" front and 19" rear? might upset the TC?

Wheel size makes no difference to traction control, so long as your tyre profiles are in range.

I noticed these as there was a guy inquiring about them in the wanted section, doing a little digging though and even the 18's are heavier than rays, just over 21lbs.

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wheel_Specifications

Nice find, odd sizes though. 18" front and 19" rear? might upset the TC?

Wheel size makes no difference to traction control, so long as your tyre profiles are in range.

I noticed these as there was a guy inquiring about them in the wanted section, doing a little digging though and even the 18's are heavier than rays, just over 21lbs.

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wheel_Specifications

Says expect to pay £900 or more.. Think I got a bargain.. Also with some tyres :)

Ok, so I just bought these wheels... What do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111276353126

They look a lot nicer than the UK rays, wow, looking forward to seeing these on the car!

I'll get some pics up with them on sunday assuming I can work out how to fit them... Never fitted wheels >.< would it be easier to take them to a garage to fit? I have a socket set and the jack that comes with the car...

Ok, so I just bought these wheels... What do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111276353126

They look a lot nicer than the UK rays, wow, looking forward to seeing these on the car!

I'll get some pics up with them on sunday assuming I can work out how to fit them... Never fitted wheels >.< would it be easier to take them to a garage to fit? I have a socket set and the jack that comes with the car...

Might take you longer than a garage but then you'll have to transport the wheels too so overall just the same. Just make sure you double check all the nuts once you've tightened them up and after a short journey too double check em. The zed jack is a ball ache to use though.