New wheels on ebay?

clockwize

Ok, so I just bought these wheels... What do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111276353126

They look a lot nicer than the UK rays, wow, looking forward to seeing these on the car!

I'll get some pics up with them on sunday assuming I can work out how to fit them... Never fitted wheels >.< would it be easier to take them to a garage to fit? I have a socket set and the jack that comes with the car...

Might take you longer than a garage but then you'll have to transport the wheels too so overall just the same. Just make sure you double check all the nuts once you've tightened them up and after a short journey too double check em. The zed jack is a ball ache to use though.

True that! Do I need any special tools that aren't in my socket set? I think my next door neighbour probably has the stuff I need anyway

Cheers

Those tyre sizes will be fine :thumbs:

I had my eye on those for a while, but i couldn't justify them and with the lazy "pick up only" I couldn't be bothered messaging the seller to explain to him how to ship a wheel.

I look forward to seeing them on the car, not seen them on a stock looking zed before :thumbs:

Do us a favour? Weigh them when they arrive, I'd be interested to see how they compare to UK Rays :)

I'm in Kent so Surrey Isn't the end of the world for me, hopefully I haven't sold the BMW before next Sunday as I don't think 4 wheels with tyres will fit in the back :lol:

Wouldn't I need to take the tyres off to weigh them and get something useful? I'll do it next time I change them (he said there is reasonable tread, but I'll find out what that actually means when I pick them up I guess..)

Cheers

Weight with tyres will be fine mate :thumbs:

Ok, so I just bought these wheels... What do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111276353126

They look a lot nicer than the UK rays, wow, looking forward to seeing these on the car!

I'll get some pics up with them on sunday assuming I can work out how to fit them... Never fitted wheels >.< would it be easier to take them to a garage to fit? I have a socket set and the jack that comes with the car...

Might take you longer than a garage but then you'll have to transport the wheels too so overall just the same. Just make sure you double check all the nuts once you've tightened them up and after a short journey too double check em. The zed jack is a ball ache to use though.

True that! Do I need any special tools that aren't in my socket set? I think my next door neighbour probably has the stuff I need anyway

Cheers

You need a jack, the tyre iron and your foot, thats it :D

Should be fine with fitting the wheels your self bud. If you can get someone to give you a hand though, it will make life a lot easier when lining the wheels up to but the wheel nuts in.

Quick question, where did you find your locking wheel nut? This is one thing I have yet to check since buying the Z :lol:

Ah, bit far for me :( I'm in Woking Surrey if you fancy a road trip :lol: I'm playing cars all weekend if you do need a hand :)

I'm collecting the wheels in Surrey, but the wheels definitely won't fit in my z so will be travelling up in my BMW or if sold my other halfs scenic (boo).. Would be cool to have picked them up in the z, come see you and play cars then drive back with new wheels :(

Should be fine with fitting the wheels your self bud. If you can get someone to give you a hand though, it will make life a lot easier when lining the wheels up to but the wheel nuts in.

Quick question, where did you find your locking wheel nut? This is one thing I have yet to check since buying the Z :lol:

Erm, the guy I bought it from left it in the center console.. Luckily he mentioned it as with all the things to consider, I'd forgotten about it

Erm, the guy I bought it from left it in the center console.. Luckily he mentioned it as with all the things to consider, I'd forgotten about it

Hopefully it's in the rear with my spare wheel, other wise I definitely don't have one :lol:

Hopefully it's in the rear with my spare wheel, other wise I definitely don't have one :lol:

Kinda need that! Check and contact the previous owner if not..

My key broke, so I took it to a tyre place and they mullered it off, aparently Nissan use "McGuard" wheel nuts which have a fancy spinning collar to make them hard to come off. Yeah, well this spinning collar is no match for a grunt with a club hammer and a too small socket :lol:

My key broke, so I took it to a tyre place and they mullered it off, aparently Nissan use "McGuard" wheel nuts which have a fancy spinning collar to make them hard to come off. Yeah, well this spinning collar is no match for a grunt with a club hammer and a too small socket :lol:

Hopefully the alloy didn't suffer >.<

Hopefully the alloy didn't suffer >.<

Didn't damage anything apart from the wheel nut actually, I was a mixture of impressed and concerned :lol:

Nice find, odd sizes though. 18" front and 19" rear? might upset the TC?

Wheel size makes no difference to traction control, so long as your tyre profiles are in range.

Do us a favour? Weigh them when they arrive, I'd be interested to see how they compare to UK Rays :)

I noticed these as there was a guy inquiring about them in the wanted section, doing a little digging though and even the 18's are heavier than rays, just over 21lbs.

http://www.350z-tech..._Specifications

I'd just never seen a Zed with different diameter front/rear wheels before? i know it's normal on Honda NSX's and Lambo's etc

Hrm, anyone know how much I'd get for my set of these:

180x174x180px-18inch_standard_350z_wheels_2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xWIMDWHTXs.jpg

Little bit of curbing nothing major..

matt (aliveboy) uses them for drift wheels so he might be interested but 100-200 depending on condition and tyres

Edited by StevoD

Nice find, odd sizes though. 18" front and 19" rear? might upset the TC?

Wheel size makes no difference to traction control, so long as your tyre profiles are in range.

I noticed these as there was a guy inquiring about them in the wanted section, doing a little digging though and even the 18's are heavier than rays, just over 21lbs.

http://www.350z-tech..._Specifications

I'd just never seen a Zed with different diameter front/rear wheels before? i know it's normal on Honda NSX's and Lambo's etc

Yeah I thought it was a bit weird, but its "Track 18/19" v.2" on here, http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wheel_Specifications#Track_18.2F19.22_v.2 looks like its not like hes fobbing me off with a franken-set :D