Tesco Standard Unleaded Vs Momentum

Darren350

Hey guys,

When I first bought my 2004 350 I fuelled it to the brim with tesco Momentum (Their premium unleaded). It has drove just fine on it but I was wondering if it's really worth the extra money or if I'm being conned? Can you run a 350z on just standard cheap tesco unleaded or am I best sticking the good stuff in?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There's masses of discussion on this - search and you will find - but..............the car is "designed" to run on 97 ron or higher .....'nough said :thumbs:

Edited by ioneabee

Hey guys,

When I first bought my 2004 350 I fuelled it to the brim with tesco Momentum (Their premium unleaded). It has drove just fine on it but I was wondering if it's really worth the extra money or if I'm being conned? Can you run a 350z on just standard cheap tesco unleaded or am I best sticking the good stuff in?

Thanks in advance!

No, no. no!

I would strongly advise against running the Zed on 95RON fuel or standard unleaded fuel as common practice. Manufacturers recommendation is to run on 97/98 RON or 'Super Unleaded' for a reason.

I have I think once, when unforeseen circumstances have dictated, put £5 / £10 of standard unleaded fuel in the Zed. Only enough to get me to the next petrol station providing VPower or Super unleaded, where I could fill up to the brim with Super Unleaded.

I fuel with VPower as standard and occasionally Tesco Momentum, I do not think its worth taking the risk of potential engine damage on the basis of saving a few pennies.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/

I was at Abbey today and Tony showed me a piston from a 350 (sorry don't remember the year) that had been run almost exclusively on 95 Ron unleaded fuel, please don't do it guys, it's going to hurt your engine AND your wallet eventually................... wacko.gifcc_surrender.gif

~edited to make clear this was use of 95 Ron almost exclusively

photo-2-1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Darren - in addition to what everyone else has said, don't forget that you also get better fuel consumption from higher octane fuel, so the price differential ends up being almost nil (I did the maths a few years ago).

Plus, as I'm not as polite as the rest - why on earth did you buy a racehorse if you're thinking about giving it cattle food?

• Like 4

To be honest I don't do many miles and can afford to put decent fuel in, but was wondering if the Standard Unleaded Vs Momentum was just a Tesco scam. Tesco is about 1/4 mile away from my house so if the Momentum is decent enough then brilliant. If I need to put something better in then the advice is always welcome.

Also, I have just filled the tank to the brim once again with the Momentum, is it a good idea to drop some injector cleaner in? I assume so so will get some tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

To be honest I don't do many miles and can afford to put decent fuel in, but was wondering if the Standard Unleaded Vs Momentum was just a Tesco scam. Tesco is about 1/4 mile away from my house so if the Momentum is decent enough then brilliant. If I need to put something better in then the advice is always welcome.

Also, I have just filled the tank to the brim once again with the Momentum, is it a good idea to drop some injector cleaner in? I assume so so will get some tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

I use Momentum 99 as well as Shell and it perfect as its 99 octane (well nearly 99). :thumbs:

Edited by WhackyWill