Funny how...

spursmaddave

Chris & Bob visit Kent last weekend, did they maybe stop in Surrey on the way back? :lol:

-

A chassis is all that remains of an abandoned Audi RS5 after it broke down in floods a month ago.

Thieves appear to have been pilfering all the parts of the sports car which was left up to its wheel arches in Chertsey, Surrey.

Within a day the windows had been smashed, but now there is little left of the car.

Surrey Police said they had no record of the car being reported stolen and said it was investigating the incident as a case of criminal damage.

ehu6aqab.jpg

Damage: The motorist was left £60,000 out of pocket

The 4.2 litre engine, alloy wheels, seats, roof and everything inside the car had been liberated over a matter of weeks.

A large boulder was then left on the roof of the vehicle and, by the start of this week, all that remained of the £60,000 car was the shell of what was formerly someone's pride and joy.

utyze3uq.jpg

Flood: The Audi RS5 sports car was barely recognisable

A Lyne resident took the photos of the Audi’s demise, saying: “I first noticed the Audi abandoned in the flooded road on January 2 at about 8am.

“I tweeted a picture mainly to alert people of the road closure.

“Since then I have driven there several times in the hope that the road would open again and watched the Audi gradually deteriorate.

“The windows were smashed, a bollard was placed on its roof and it was generally vandalised.

“Today I found the road open and stopped to inspect the Audi. I was shocked at how much had been stripped from the car"

Sent from the golf club...

I posted about this yesterday in a thread in "The Green Room" ; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81223-my-saab-9-5-had-a-lucky-escape/

Apparently this happened not far from a travellers site so my money would be on those scum bags doing it. :angry:

Either way the owners insurance should cover him as it was obviously not his doing and I'm sure he'd have locked it before he left it parked even if it was in 3ft of water.

I want to know what kind of person just leaves their Audi RS5 in a flood... for a month! If it was me I'd try and get it towed immediately, failing that I'd at least go back asap. Maybe they phoned the insurance company straight away, said it would be a write off due to water damage and the insurance company thought it would be cheaper to leave it there to disolve rather than dispose of it.

I want to know what kind of person just leaves their Audi RS5 in a flood... for a month! If it was me I'd try and get it towed immediately, failing that I'd at least go back asap. Maybe they phoned the insurance company straight away, said it would be a write off due to water damage and the insurance company thought it would be cheaper to leave it there to disolve rather than dispose of it.

This ^

I mean what was the guy thinking? I'd have made sure my car was recovered immediately.