They Shouldn't Be On The Road (2)

WhackyWill

on a dual carriageway yesterday - I was doing 70(ish), traffic in the outside lane, I moved over to the inside lane, so did the car in front to overtake the slower car (no problem there) - I gradually caught him up, but left a decent space between him and me. When he then pulled into the outside lane again, I carried on and overtook him - as I went past, he gave me the finger and several other derogatory gestures.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong.................'cos I haven't got a clue :shrug:

Had he asked to go on your map?... ;-)

have I missed you off ? - pm me details if you like

No probs what do you need to know? Based in leicester so will be the only one on your map, lol.

Any generic Audi driver should not be on the road.

Some total toolbag (in an Audi) coming off the slip road slowly into a slow moving inside lane thought it would be a genius idea to swerve into the outside lane at around 40 mph when I couldn't have been more than 50ft away doing 70mph. He then had the gall to put his middle finger up at me after I beeped him as he clearly didn't see me (why would you when you're in an Audi, the windows have a special filter that makes the road look empty).

Utter utter bellend.

• Like 2

Awwww you're just worried you'll fail ;)

I failed 3 times and passed on the 4th back then :lol: Hated every moment of it.

1st time failed by one mark

2nd time failed by one mark

3rd time forgot my documents and they wouldn't let me go get them (I lived like 3 miles away)

4th Time Passed :)

• Like 1

Just had a near miss on A45 in the torrential downpour ..... Some fool driving a people carrier/taxi decided he could suddenly decide to cut across from outside lane to turn left without even a look let alone indicators had to slam the anchors on and hope the other fool who was driving too close behind me wasn't going to back end me ..... Why and how do these people manage to get a driving licence at all ..... Makes you wonder, luckily no damage done just a little blue language

Just had a near miss on A45 in the torrential downpour ..... Some fool driving a people carrier/taxi decided he could suddenly decide to cut across from outside lane to turn left without even a look let alone indicators had to slam the anchors on and hope the other fool who was driving too close behind me wasn't going to back end me ..... Why and how do these people manage to get a driving licence at all ..... Makes you wonder, luckily no damage done just a little blue language

What a tool especially with how bad the weather has been today in places. :scare:

Glad the 370 wasn't hurt or yourself. ;)

• Like 1

What a tool especially with how bad the weather has been today in places. :scare:

Glad the 370 wasn't hurt or yourself. ;)

Sweet :)

• Like 1

Near miss.!!

Just drove back through Town via Hampstead Heath, in front of me was a

low loader with a JCB on it. I followed it all the way through Hampstead at 15 MPH

which pi55ed me off a bit, got to a junction and a new Jag (dont know which one) was

emerging from the left so just to change the seen from the rear end of a JCB to a Jag

I let him out. about 200 yards further on the jib of the JCB hit a tree branch

snapped it clean off and it landed straight on the roof and bonnet of the Jag

doing "grands" worth of damage, low loader driver carried on totally unaware..!!! :scare: :scare: :scare:.

Think poor Marmite used up one or two of her lives.. :surrender: :surrender:

• 1 month later...

Tonight is a typical example of people who don't give a sh1T about other road users.

In life you meet "bullies" everywhere you go and you learn how to deal with them,

On the road its a bit different, you have to make an Instant decision.

Example is this evening : I'm in a lane turning left in slow moving traffic (rush hour)

when a woman in a New Audi Q7 drives up the outside of the traffic and insists on turning

left from the right hand lane as if was not there, when I didn't give way and allow her to turn in front

of me, I got total abuse and lots of one figure gestures from her, she then turns behind me

and decides to drive about a foot off my bumper with FULL headlights on.. :scare: :scare: :surrender:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

Tonight is a typical example of people who don't give a sh1T about other road users.

In life you meet "bullies" everywhere you go and you learn how to deal with them,

Example is this evening : I'm in a lane turning left in slow moving traffic (rush hour)

when a woman in a New Audi Q7 drives up the outside of the traffic and insists on turning

left from the right hand lane as if was not there, when I did give way and allow her to turn in front

of me, I got total abuse and lots of one figure gestures from her the driver behind must have let her

as she then decides to drive foot off my bumper with FULL headlights on.. :scare: :scare: :surrender:

Ridiculous behaviour. :nono:

I've been driving since 1997 and in my time on the roads I believe it has definitely gotten worse with more inconsiderate and irrational drivers ~ I'd bet you've been driving longer than me Will so you've probably seen it get even worse from when you first started. :(

• Like 1

left from the right hand lane as if was not there, when I did give way and allow her to turn in front

of me, I got total abuse and lots of one figure gestures from her the driver behind must have let her

as she then decides to drive foot off my bumper with FULL headlights on.. :scare: :scare: :surrender:

Ridiculous behaviour. :nono:

I've been driving since 1997 and in my time on the roads I believe it has definitely gotten worse with more inconsiderate and irrational drivers ~ I'd bet you've been driving longer than me Will so you've probably seen it get even worse from when you first started. :(

So true GM. Yes been driving just a little bit longer than you, and its got so much worse over that time.

I really don't want to go into the reasons why on here as it always ends up in a heated discussion..!! :scare: :scare:

what really rubs my rhubarb is when someone can't maintain a constant speed. They could be doing 60 but they want to do 50, fine. But then for some reason, they'll slow down to 45, then 50, then 40, 50, 45, 50... and so on. I get so annoyed I just overtake and plod at 60 only to have them catch me up and match me!! why didn't they just do 60 in the first place and be done with it? And why can they maintain a constant speed now I've over taken them? I just don't get it. And it's usually some ol'doddery git in a Honda Jazz. :rant:

• Like 3

I was on cruise control on the M4 yesterday doing 75, steadily overtaking a woman in a Safira who was doing around 65-70. There was nothing behind us, and as I was only going 5 mile an hour or so faster, it wasn't the quickest overtake.

I was probably 3/4 or more past her, when she suddenly accelerated and undertook me !!!! , glared at me and gave me the finger :shrug:

not particulalry bad considering nothing else on the road, just typically impatient and/or stupid

• Like 2

Watched some interesting parking the other day, typical scumbag in his car with his greasy missus and kids. Watched him try and park in a spot that was clearly too small for his car, did you think that stopped him? Nope, he just mashed his towbar into the car behinds grill and attempt to push it back to make space. He just proceeded to do this while nudging the front car with his bumper until he eventually squeezed into the spot, incredible.

I think the person whos car he was ramming his towbar into belonged to came out of the house, they didn't look happy as the approached him.

Total disregard for anyones property, probably so he didn't have to walk an extra 30 yards to the pasty shop.

• Like 1