Which one to go for?

Sarnie

Which one to choose?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which one to choose?

• Car A
    • Car B

I have found two lambo's that I'm very interested in but really can't choose between them :blush: Both have pro's and cons, help me decide!!

Car A:

2004 04 Orange Gallardo

6000 miles

From Lambo bham

Sat Nav

Standard Rims

Standard Zorst

Warranty till Nov 07

Next service (£2500 :surrender: ) paid for by lambo

Clear Engine Bay (£4500 :scare: )

£89500

This is a great car, low mileage and has the security of buying from lambo. My problem is that I want the 06 rims (£3160+ VAT) and Tubi zorst (£2k) as well which means I'll be shelling out after I've bought it which i don't really want to do. I plan to do about 15k in two years so theoretically I could be trading it in with less than 20k on the clock hence helping the residuals. For some reason I worry a little bit about a car that has only done 2k a year :blush:

Car B

2004 04 Orange Gallardo

17800 miles

Private sale

Sat Nav

06 Callisto's rims

Tubi Zorst

Extended Lambo warranty till march 08

Minor service (£1k) due at 22500 miles

No clear engine bay

Latest revision clutch installed march 07

£80,500

The second one would be over 32k in two years which worries me as this car already has about 8k more than similar cars. I can't decide whether I should be focusing on the lowere mileage and dealer security of the first car or the lower cost and spec of the second one? I know a lot of people would prefer to buy from Lambo but is it worth an extra £9k??? Even if the private one is a lemon, I've got to spend £9k on it before the dealer one become the better option? I know i will end up buying the rims and zorst if I buy the first one which then would take the price over £95k :surrender:

Votes and comments please :blush:

I've went with Car B.

1. Cheaper

2. Has the bits you want

3. Warranty is longer as well

4. Say you spend 89k then a further 5k thats you at 94k. 14k more than the other one.... ie 14k you could theoretically bank / buy a zed / use for a service etc...

That is totally 6 of one and half a dozen of the other! The only thing I would say on a car of that price is that if you get it from a dealer they will deal with any tiny niggle or major problem you have once you drive it away whereas with the private sale you will never really be sure what your warranty covers. If you go private I would go through that extended warranty with a fine tooth comb first! The price difference and the added bits do make the second one more attractive but then as you say there's the mileage difference - they are pretty even I guess. Lets face it, if you can afford the car in the first place you know you can afford the extra bits you want!

I went for car A because with the mileage thats on the other one, plus what you will be putting on it, the depreciation will be horrendous.

+1 The mileage issue carries it for me, remembering that it will be hard to shift a high mileage Lambo.

I've went with Car B.

1. Cheaper

2. Has the bits you want

4. Say you spend 89k then a further 5k thats you at 94k. 14k more than the other one.... ie 14k you could theoretically bank / buy a zed / use for a service etc...

I chose B for pretty much the same reasons :thumbs:

IT's a tough call Liam, I'm glad it's not me making it. BUT, if you definitely want those bits (wheels & Zorst) then you have to really know if you can afford to add them to Car A. If you can, then it's the one to go for.

Is £89.5k a good deal? Can't the dealer improve it a bit to pursuade you? Does he know your dilema? If he knew he's at REAL risk of losing £89.5k he may improve the deal a bit..... For example, the £3150 for the wheels is presumably retail? Maybe he'd be happy to put them on at cost for you in order to save the deal? Maybe the same for the Zorst?

The extras and the lower price of Car B is tempting but a Lambo with 30k miles on it would be tough to move on wouldn't it?

I've went with Car B.

1. Cheaper

2. Has the bits you want

Wot he said :thumbs:

ps I seem to be agreing with a lot lately, either your a mind reader or it could be sunset telepathy between our cars :teeth: Either way its less typing for me, i just quote you!!

IT's a tough call Liam, I'm glad it's not me making it. BUT, if you definitely want those bits (wheels & Zorst) then you have to really know if you can afford to add them to Car A. If you can, then it's the one to go for.

Is £89.5k a good deal? Can't the dealer improve it a bit to pursuade you? Does he know your dilema? If he knew he's at REAL risk of losing £89.5k he may improve the deal a bit..... For example, the £3150 for the wheels is presumably retail? Maybe he'd be happy to put them on at cost for you in order to save the deal? Maybe the same for the Zorst?

The extras and the lower price of Car B is tempting but a Lambo with 30k miles on it would be tough to move on wouldn't it?

Cheers guys, some very valid points.

In an ideal world I'd have car A and add the rims and zorst as it would then be top spec and low mileage but......................its an extra £14k for that privilege as rmmack said :blush:

The dealer has done me a deal as it is up for £94500 at the moment. The rims are 3150 PLUS vat plus tyres, although said they can swap over the tyres fronm the standard rims.

I really can't make my mind up :headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

Guest prescience

Car A - another vote for lower mileage. Since resale is an integral part of your strategy, it is vital that you get as much for it as you can when you sell.

You should also back yourself to make additional money in the meantime to add the extras over a few months - extras which will only add to re-sale appeal (they're adding to your appeal right now ;) )

Good luck :)

I'd like the clear engine cover!

Car A would be nice if you get the rims fitted. The exhaust cold go on later.

Car B sounds better value however a high milage Lambo would not interest most people spending big money on one!

Tough call, I wouldnt make the decision lightly........I think though

if you try to sell a Lambo though in a year or so's time with 20K miles on you will really feel the depreaciation hard :blush:

So on that basis I'd go for choice A... but saying that even in todays money £9k is not an insubstantial amount of money :headhurt:

Car A - another vote for lower mileage. Since resale is an integral part of your strategy, it is vital that you get as much for it as you can when you sell.

You should also back yourself to make additional money in the meantime to add the extras over a few months - extras which will only add to re-sale appeal (they're adding to your appeal right now ;) )

Good luck :)

I wouldn't sale resale is vital to my strategy, just trying to cover all my bases really. I may sell it in 6 months or keep it forever.

You make a very valid point about the mileage and I agree but is it worth paying an extra £9k for?? Plus then the extras?? :headhurt:

If I buy car A and add the rims and zorst it will be pretty much top spec which I suppose will help aid me shifting it if and when I decide to sell. The clear engine bay thing is nice but not something I would pay all that money for but certain might like it on resale??

Hmm

I've changed my mind 10 times already this morning :blush:

I'm gonna phone Lambo and see if I can squeeze anymore out of them....

I've went with Car B.

1. Cheaper

2. Has the bits you want

I chose B for pretty much the same reasons :thumbs:

+1

Agreed also.

We have a development!!!

Just about to ring Dominic at Lambo and thought I'd check my emails first and found an email from him this morning:

Good Morning Liam,

£89,500.00 and I will fit Titanium Callisto’s

???????

Dominic Mulvey

Lamborghini Sales Manager

Tel : (0) 121 477 0007

I think this has clinched it :blush::yahoo:

I'd be happy with either :teeth:

Thing is as you say car B has the better spec, but car A has lower mileage and the dealer warranty security.

Approx £14K is quite a bit of difference and even if you get rid of it with 32K miles isn't that many as you will religiously maintain it

Im with you Sarnie now, the goalposts have changed and i'd go with the one from the Lambo garage. :teeth:

Me too. :teeth:

TBF the I may be able to get the zorst from the US a bit cheaper or even second hand. The rims can only come from Lambo B)

This was starting to become a bit of a chore but I'm soooooooooo excited now!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo: