I'm stupid

HAMLNJ

I use Motul, in particular c1, but if you don't want to spend too much this exceeds Nissan's specifications. Opie Oils is a trader here and knows their stuff! If you were still unsure of whether to replace it or not, I would pm them. But I am sure they will say replace it asap

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-873-motul-8100-eco-clean-5w-30-acea-c2-petrol-diesel-engine-oil-for-euro-iv-engines.aspx

• Like 1

yeh replace, don't just top up. These engines are really oil sensitive. :scare:

since when?

if you think Harmlu is barking up the wrong tree why don't you offer some constructive advice :shrug:

These engines arent oil sensitive. You can use any 10-40 5-40 5-30 oil in them. I would stick to 5-40 or 5-30. Now compare that to some diesels that need LL-01 or LL-04 or vag spec 505.00 or 501 or even merc 229.5 etc etc, If you don't put those accredited oils in then they will get damaged and warranties etc. These cars need oil when run low they damage, Show me one thread where a car has been damaged from using the "wrong" oil.

We can just throw about statements without backing them up. He provided no evidence either. So chill.

since when?

if you think Harmlu is barking up the wrong tree why don't you offer some constructive advice :shrug:

These engines arent oil sensitive. You can use any 10-40 5-40 5-30 oil in them. I would stick to 5-40 or 5-30. Now compare that to some diesels that need LL-01 or LL-04 or vag spec 505.00 or 501 or even merc 229.5 etc etc, If you don't put those accredited oils in then they will get damaged and warranties etc. These cars need oil when run low they damage, Show me one thread where a car has been damaged from using the "wrong" oil.

We can just throw about statements without backing them up. He provided no evidence either. So chill.

I am referring to the system in general. From the dipstick to losing oil for various reasons. One of which could be using a semi synthetic oil.

My advice is replace oil and filter asap to avoid potential problems.

since when?

Oh believe me, I'm very chilled :)

since when?

I am referring to the system in general. From the dipstick to losing oil for various reasons. One of which could be using a semi synthetic oil.

My advice is replace oil and filter asap to avoid potential problems.

I agree semi synth isn't ideal but it why would it burn a thicker oil if it doesnt burn 5-30?

what year is your car and how much does it use?

It's a 55, a whopping 107k on the clock, mostly motorway miles. With full servicing history. It's difficult to say, I put about 200ml very two weeks. Maybe a little more

Not a 296?

No, older. 280

It's a 55, a whopping 107k on the clock, mostly motorway miles. With full servicing history. It's difficult to say, I put about 200ml very two weeks. Maybe a little more

Not a 296?

No, older. 280

Hmm 200ml isn't much I suppose. My car is older with only 6k less miles and burns no oil. I wonder why it does that also I'm not sure how much this will affect it or if its even noticeable but I'm sure I read buring oil reduces the octane in fuel injected?

Not a 296?

No, older. 280

Hmm 200ml isn't much I suppose. My car is older with only 6k less miles and burns no oil. I wonder why it does that also I'm not sure how much this will affect it or if its even noticeable but I'm sure I read buring oil reduces the octane in fuel injected?

This is the first car I have had that burns oil. Doesn't leak that's for sure. I have read so many threads from people saying they all burn oil. Strange. I put 99 in it.

Strange thing though, on occasions when I boot it I get a fine sweet smelling odour of oil. Not all the time. Could be the semi synthetic Iv been putting in ?