Wheel spin

Davectr

if your coming from an s2000 your probably in too low a gear.. we dont need to go so high up the revs to get power :D

It was in auto kick down, but NOT full throttle, that's why I was so surprised at it spinning up. I'm sure I'll get used to it 😄. It's a good few years since I had the S2000.

Have you checked the tire pressures, the RE50A's are sensitive to over or under inflation. I remember once the dealer over filled mine and it made the car spin the wheels with ease in first three gears.

Also get the rear alignment checked, you could be running too much camber, may need dialling out to increase tire contact with road. I had this on one of my older Zeds, but had to fit special arms to correct it, I am unsure if the 370z has this type of adjustment as standard.

+1 on MPSS best tire for Zeds.

Its quite a different drive to the S2K hey, still love driving my mates, best gear change and race to the redline ever!

OEM Bridgestones + less than 4mm tread + wet roads + TC off = spins up very easily & slides whenever you want it to :lol:

In all seriousness, if you're alignment, pressures and what not are spot on it's probably the tires. My car had 2 new Bridgestones fitted before I picked it up 6 months ago, I've worn them down slowly and rears currently less than 4mm. They've got to be the worst performing tires I've used in the wet by far!

Also, if you're coming from a VTEC, our 370's have much more torque, and much lower down the rev range too, isn't our peak torque around 3,000rpm or something?

OEM Bridgestones + less than 4mm tread + wet roads + TC off = spins up very easily & slides whenever you want it to :lol:

In all seriousness, if you're alignment, pressures and what not are spot on it's probably the tires. My car had 2 new Bridgestones fitted before I picked it up 6 months ago, I've worn them down slowly and rears currently less than 4mm. They've got to be the worst performing tires I've used in the wet by far!

Also, if you're coming from a VTEC, our 370's have much more torque, and much lower down the rev range too, isn't our peak torque around 3,000rpm or something?

peak torque is quite low but ur power will be around 7000rpm. The torque graph for these v6's is usually very flat

Running OEM Bridgestones but tread depth is ~5-6mm, it appears from all the comments that these will need changing to MPSS asap. Roads damp, TC on. Not had alignment checked yet (only had the car a few weeks) so will get this done soon, and pressures were down a little when I checked them.

I'm not coming directly from a vtec (had the S2000 ~4years ago), had a V8 RS4 for a couple of years and V5 TTRS for the last 18months so I'm used to low down torque. Looks like I'm going to have to (gently) learn how to handle this particular car :-).

Thanks for all the replies guys ðŸ‘

There lies the problem, Quattro!! ;)

:lol: Means you now have to add to the steering input.

But just wait to you get on some o your favourite roads in the dry and feel the inputs and feed back through the seat of your pants - then you will know why so many of us have stuck with ZEDs for many years :drive1

Here you go:

http://www.350z-uk.c...t-super-sports/

Best price you could get I think for brand new MPSS :)

You'll love your car again the minute you come out the fitting shop :D

Just experienced this myself. Recently picked up my 370z with 050's only 6kmiles & 6-7mm of tread all round, found the car very twitchy & slippery in the wet, got the geo tweaked a little but still no good so put a fresh set of MPSS's & the car drives great,

What I have found with the 050's is that they are a great dry weather tyre, they don't over heat on track (unless drifting) but in the wet when they break traction near enough all the grip/purchase on the road is lost. (Octet also found this in Wales earlier in the year :lol: )

But the MPSS's are on another level the grip levels in the dry are 2nd to R888's. In the wet they offer an extensive amount of grip, when they break traction they still give a decent amount of purchase on the road. These therefore give a huge advantage over the 050's in the wet as you don't run scared of the car rotating on change of surfaces or white lines

• 2 weeks later...