Not a nice way to start Christmas.

WhackyWill

Why did they? The where silly yes but unlucky also. What about the passengers in the car they had no say or control in this? No one deserves to die for racing.

Definitely agree with this statement.

Silly imo to say these people got what they deserved as they where only racing there car's (stupid yes & dangerous yes) ~ but not raping & murdering others or something. :dry:

In this case they didnt kill anyone else thank god. Another time they could of well killed other innocent drivers... selfish irresponsible idiot twonks.

I don't think it's fair to say that they deserved to die. It's not that heinous a crime.

They deserved to get caught and spend a few years behind bars to think about their actions, to then come out a maturer lad and get on with the rest of their lives.

• Like 2

Very sad to see! I can't stop looking at the state of that Subaru. I guess they didn't feel a thing due to the speed and distruction from the accident. An aweful Christmas for so many families as a result of this :thumbdown:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Don't slate me for this... but many of you posted on the Paul Walker thread. That car was traveling at approx 100 mph in a built up area with the same consequence, yey no one said they got what they deserved.

Absolutely agree these kids shouldn't have been racing, they have paid the ultimate price for their mistake, as previously said, we have all made mistakes but most of us are fortunate to be able to learn from them.

I've seen up close the carnage of a car crossing the reservation and it's not pretty, please think about the families of these kids before saying they got what they deserved.

• Like 3

please think about the families of these kids before saying they got what they deserved.

Not really meaning this to start an argument as your post was incredibly well written (seriously), but do you think the drivers of those cars thought about the families of those they were putting at risk? Or even their own families? If they couldn't be bothered, then should we?

Perhaps my original comment was a little harsh, in retrospect. Perhaps I don't really mean they deserved to die, but really I cannot have any sympathy for them whatsoever for their actions behind the wheel. To say it was dangerous is perhaps stating the obvious, but how many more times does this have to happen?

It's idiot tax really, rather unfortunate for their family and friends given the time of year. But being quite brutal about it, if you bring them up properly......................

Was sitting on the side of the road in the car this morning, in a 50km zone, a line of traffic went hammering past me at probably 80kms +. Not cool, plus two of them were on hand held cellphones, one a brand new Range Rover, brake light out, so breaking 3 laws in all in one go. :surrender: [shakes head]

Ekona, I've read enough of your posts to believe you didn't mean your comment the way it read, but teenage hormones and fast cars are never going to be a good combination and I agree this is totally thoughtless on behalf of the drivers. Reminds me of an episode of one of those police camera shows I saw recently where a young driver was pulled for driving like a prat and his passengers weren't wearing belts, turned out they had just come from the funeral of some friends who had lost control and crashed into a tree. Some people will only learn the hard way and that is truly unfortunate. But no one deserves to die like that even if it's at their own hands.