Shocking MPG! Help!

dave572

But we don't actually know yet if the fuel economy has dropped. The OP has said that he may have used the wrong converter, and until he does the test like I suggested then it may just be a case of the fuel sender reading incorrectly rather than the actual MPG dropping.

But we don't actually know yet if the fuel economy has dropped. The OP has said that he may have used the wrong converter, and until he does the test like I suggested then it may just be a case of the fuel sender reading incorrectly rather than the actual MPG dropping.

True but the same crap ohh buy something else without knowing either way is old and silly.

I kinda see both sides. Buying a 3.5L fat arsed car and expecting anything other than the 23MPG that Nissan state on their literature is a bit naive, but on the other hand if you've been getting good mileage from the car and that suddenly changes it's reasonable to ask why.

Also for the op. I get between 8.9-9.6km/l easy. That's a mix too. I know yours driving style, route, traffic etc etc will be different but that's terrible.

A few things.though are you using super unleaded?

Have you had the diff and gearbox oil changed? Is there any oil staining in your parking spot?

Have you had the codes read or done the pedal dance?

Usually it might be something silly like pre cat lambda sensor or maf. If you can try giving the maf a clean but only if you know how to do it. Like I said though pedal dance should point you in the right direction.

I know why mine averages 17 MPG and its nothing to do with a problem with the car,

I not complaining as my 4.4 litre X5 does 12 MPG... :scare: :scare:

That's all you ever post. Waits for will to tell us how bumpy and slow it is in London.

Edited by Dblock

Your lucky, here are my MPG running mostly in town, with the occasional blast on the M1 / M25.

e2yda7et.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just downloaded this gas cubby app buy just had a quick question about entering the odometer reading. Am I meant to enter the current mileage on the car and it calculates the difference between fill ups or do I enter the mileage I've done at that particular fill-up from having resetting the counter?

I thought the original post was questioning why his mpg had gone "tits up"

I' e asking a similar question given the same

BTW, my mpg varies from about 17 to28 mph depending on where and how I drive

Rob

Just read my post of the few checks to do. Also remember its cold so make sure the car is getting to temp etc.

Your lucky, here are my MPG running mostly in town, with the occasional blast on the M1 / M25.

e2yda7et.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just downloaded this gas cubby app buy just had a quick question about entering the odometer reading. Am I meant to enter the current mileage on the car and it calculates the difference between fill ups or do I enter the mileage I've done at that particular fill-up from having resetting the counter?

You need to enter the total mileage your car done at each fill up.

Fill up one 35,600

Fill up two 35,850

The app will calculate the MPG for the 250 miles.

Hope this helps... :blush:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

Cheers that solves my confusion!

Also turn your smartphone sideways and swipe to the left and you will get graphs

of MPG, Gas Stats, Gas Price per Litre, total Gas Expenditure, Total Service Expenditure,

You can keep track of all expenditure on your Zed... :thumbs: Then you can go "HOW MUCH... :surrender:

Gas Stats, Gas Price per Litre, total Gas Expenditure

Does it not calculate petrol usage then? :scare:

:p

YES.... :scare: :scare:

I do so like that whooshing sound as witty* comments go flying over your head, Will. :lol:

* Yes, I'm playing it a bit fast and loose with that term...

Gas Stats, Gas Price per Litre, total Gas Expenditure

Does it not calculate petrol usage then? :scare:

:p

YES.... :scare: :scare:

I do so like that whooshing sound as witty* comments go flying over your head, Will. :lol:

* Yes, I'm playing it a bit fast and loose with that term...

:lol: :lol: :lol::scare: