Has Anyone?

mikeyb

• 2 weeks later...
I put Berk HFC on mine as soon as I got it. Sounds the nuts. Seemed to quieten down after getting coked up, or I just went deaf.

To be honest mate, I don't think you should be driving whilst on coke :stir:

Tis a good combination of exhaust parts for a noise improvement, some people think it's a bit raspy but I'd say it's great :thumbs:

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dim question maybe but are decat pipes the same as HFCs?

No there not ~ De-cat pipes are basically just straight through pipes thus removing all Catalytic converters from the exhaust system.

HFC's are "High Flow Catalytic converters" with improved flow rates over the standard Catalytic converters. ;)

No there not ~ De-cat pipes are basically just straight through pipes thus removing all Catalytic converters from the exhaust system.

HFC's are "High Flow Catalytic converters" with improved flow rates over the standard Catalytic converters. ;)

Cool - thanks for clarifying. Do decat pipes create any issues with emissions for the MOT etc and would they be louder than HFCs?

I'd quite like to give the Nismo a bit more of a growl but without going over the top so just thinking about the options......:)

Edited by sipar69

Decats will fail mot due emissions. A good high flow cat shouldn't :thumbs:

Certainly the de cat will make your exhaust louder, HFC I would guess will also make your exhaust louder but not as much.

Thanks. Sounds like HFCs would be a getter option.

Cool - thanks for clarifying. Do decat pipes create any issues with emissions for the MOT etc and would they be louder than HFCs?

I'd quite like to give the Nismo a bit more of a growl but without going over the top so just thinking about the options...... :)

That's quite alright. :thumbs:

I'd get HFC's if I was you. Not all that expensive, will make it a bit noisier and should be no problems come MOT time although it is usually recommended that you give the car a bit of a drive before the MOT just to get the Cats warmed up nicely & working at there best. ;)

Love my Berks HFC's on my 350Z ~ bet they'd sound great on a 370 too. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I just bought some berks off tarmac for my HR and was thinking of waiting until I have saved enough to get the y section and back cobra system but now reading some of the posts I don't l know if I can wait lol!!!!!!! :teeth:

Edited by rickdon

I'd quite like to give the Nismo a bit more of a growl but without going over the top so just thinking about the options...... :)

That's quite alright. :thumbs:

I'd get HFC's if I was you. Not all that expensive, will make it a bit noisier and should be no problems come MOT time although it is usually recommended that you give the car a bit of a drive before the MOT just to get the Cats warmed up nicely & working at there best. ;)

Love my Berks HFC's on my 350Z ~ bet they'd sound great on a 370 too. :thumbs:

Definitely agree - might well get some when my wallet has recovered from Christmas! :)