Poorboys Products - I May Never Change

Stutopia

Since I Zedded up in Feb the detailing side of things has really fascinated me. Previously I'd been a pressure-wash-once-a-quarter bloke, but in the last 10 months I've purchased an array of products that have been recommended on here and also messed around with Waxybox samples too. Anyway, I've got a little routine going (subject to weather); a weekly TBW, a two-month big wash (everything except clay) and then a bi-annual big wash with claying. On my last two-monthly big wash in October I switched to a selection of Poorboys products:

Poorboys White Diamond Show Glaze

Poorboys Liquid Natty's Blue

Poorboys Quick Detailer

prefaced with some Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite, no clay, all stages by hand.

Since I switched to this combo I've been amazed at how well it stands up to daily life, and looks almost spotless even after just a lazy snow foaming and pressure wash. With the weather being rubbish the last 6 weeks I've not been keeping up my schedule, combined with a few thousand work miles, and she's been getting absolutely filthy. Today I got around to a TBW after a couple of weeks missed and she's come up spotless again, after two whole months! I'm hugely pleased with the Poorboys products so far and wanted to spread the love. They're well priced, easy to work with (if I can use them anyone can) and have great staying power - I may never change!

I know these pics are phone rubbish (I didn't even intend to take any today) but I was so pleased with what only 45 mins effort produced, I couldn't resist!

IMG_3123_zps07e52a36.jpg

IMG_3120_zpsc598583e.jpg

IMG_3125_zps8ca5887f.jpg

IMG_3124_zps6f8eadf1.jpg

6f9d2398-4873-46ab-94a9-7e284ec7c9b3_zps1a74f276.jpg

Im a fan of some of the Poorboys detailing stuff. Find the Poorboys black hole glaze ( for darker vehicles ) really easy to work with and get great results.

Looks like you have found a combo that works for you :)

Edited by Humpy

I miss the smell of super slick & suds - it was lush! The SAAb is lucky if it sees a gritty sponge twice a year :lol:

Ooooh, not tried that yet, got about 4 litres of Meg's hyper wash to get through first. I'll add it to the list!

Does look great SuperStu. B)

My list of detailing products to try out gets longer every time I come on here. :lol:;)

Cheers GM. I know what you mean about the list. I started a folder of bookmarks to try and keep organised for every nice detail job I see on here, I've got over 50 things to work through now (having tried and discarded some) but it's growing faster than I can test them!

Before coming on here SuperStu I used to use T-Cut and all sorts of cr*p. :lol:

Detailing didn't seem to be such a big part of the previous car forums that I've been on so it's nice to learn new things and make my Zed look even better.

So far that GTechniq's G1 rain vision kit that I was recommended has been my best buy as I can't believe the difference it makes in the rain & it's still working almost two months on (and after probably 12-14 car washes). :scare:B)

A quick question on glazes, would they reduce the affect of metallic paint? I assume the PB white stuff probably doesn't, but I could imagine the black hole stuff, as it's not completely transparent, would possibly reduce the amount of light getting through to the fleck?

A quick question on glazes, would they reduce the affect of metallic paint? I assume the PB white stuff probably doesn't, but I could imagine the black hole stuff, as it's not completely transparent, would possibly reduce the amount of light getting through to the fleck?

Black hole really makes the flake in my night blue pop.

Black hole really makes the flake in my night blue pop.

Thanks, I might give it a go then.

As above, Haydn, BH adds depth to the paint which brings out the flake quite well, especially when topped with Natty's wax. Not quite as well as some sealants, the Werkstat Acrylic system for example, but BH certainly enhances the 'pop'.

Which kind of begs the question regarding why they have a black and a white glaze if they dry clear anyway? :shrug:

I've read glazes aren't as durable as waxes, if you put a wax on top of a glaze does the durability of the wax decrease with the "weaker undercoat"?

For the same reason they do "colour charged" wax; marketing largely.

It depends on the combination of products and the type of bond (i.e. physical or chemical bond). Certain products are designed to bond well specifically with each other - the Acrylic system for example, Jett will bond better to Prime but won't bond with BH, so using BH under Prime (or Jett) would see that layer just wash off effectively. The likes of BH & WD are designed offer a good bond to wax which itself protects the glaze.

True glazes (as opposed to AIO) do offer very little, if any, protection themselves which is why it's best to seal with wax (or sealant) - BH will only last a couple of days at best if not sealed.

True glazes (as opposed to AIO) do offer very little, if any, protection themselves which is why it's best to seal with wax (or sealant) - BH will only last a couple of days at best if not sealed.

Maybe that's why I didn't get on with BH when I tried it, I didn't put any wax on top. Any issues with Dodo SuperNatural on top of BH. (And yes I'm firmly in the I could google or look on detailing world arena now).