FUEL ECONOMY SINCE I GOT HER....

drfeelgood73

Decided today to clear out all the fuel receipts in the cubby. Then thought....Mmmmm I wonder how much I have spent....I have kept all the fuel receipts since I got her so should be no problem....

So here is a breakdown of it all...

Car bought on the 02/10/12 ............

Mileage since received...... 7800

Days that were available for driving since I work away...... 157

Total cost of fuel to date..... £1758-03

Litres Purchased................ 1185

Gallons...............................260.66

Average cost per litre..........£1.48

Miles per litre...................... 6.58

Miles per gallon.................. 29.92

Pretty happy with that really...... I reckon I actually had about 120 days that I did drive her....

• Like 1

I don't usually go out in her unless I am doing more than 40 or so miles..... use the other car for the smaller journeys.... Also use the other car to break myself back in from left handers and autos when I first get back.....How annoying is it to go for the hand brake and adjust the seat......Or wonder why the car is acting funny coming to a stop forgetting you now need to use the clutch.....

• Like 1

Living in London I don't drive that much, so it tends to be for weekends away or for places where commuting is hard to get to. Furthermore I get free transport in London so it seems daft not to use it!

Average of 29.2 though is good over a year - I reckon I'll end up doing around the same sort of mileage per annum.

This year I took part in an "eco" study for the University for which I work.

Averaged 27.9mpg over 9,000 miles between April and September this year. Which included three track days, visits to my friends across country and a driving holiday to Cornwall in Summer.

Considering I've owner the car for just under two years, done about 20,000 miles and never take it on short journeys (i.e. around town or less than 30mins drive) I don't think that's too bad!

It does help to have good tyres, nitro inflation, regular maintenance and the controversial "only shell v-power" fill ups.

So happy with the car's MPG. Really, really good GT car.

I really don't know why you guys are getting such crap mpg.... I don't exactly hang around, but I don't sit in traffic a lot and don't do small journeys. I always use V Power ( admittedly used momentum and ultimate on odd occasion when had no choice).... tracking set up and always being maintained....

You guys must be towing........

I've had my 350Z for one month and use it as my daily drive travelling 15 miles to work on the motorway then the same distance home. Takes about 20 min each way and only average 22mpg! :blush:

Noob alert!! I don't speed just cruise so is there a certain distance you have to travel for the mpg to increase and does it inrease because the fuel mapping changes?