What alarm would do YOU have on your Zed?

Jared350z

Once I get my car back from having the engine rebuilt I want to put a better alarm in my pride and joy. I already have a Sterling alarm but I only have one fob! hence why I want a new one and a decent one. I am expecting to pay about £300 - £450.

Would like to know what you guys have and preferably one that does go off when the wind changes ha ha.

I'm sure the 350Z has a Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm as standard so I don't really see the point in wasting money on another one unless you're after the remote start feature that some of them have.

Mine came with a Sterling alarm as the standard fob doesn't work. I only have one fob and don't have much faith/knowledge on the current alarm hence why I want to waste my money on a decent one. Also I'm having my engine rebuilt and new exhaust so I'd like to protect it as much as I can.

Know what I mean?

Even if it's a uk we should get new alarms. The zed alarm is very quiet, even when you're in the car.

Agree with that! I have set my own alarm off a few times now when I get my bike out of my garage and ride slowly past the Zed, it's a sensitive alarm (although a loud bike also).

If I had to buy an alarm it would be either Clifford or Toad. Had both makes in the past and have been excellent value for money with some great features.

The Toad alarm I had was fitted to my car at home by a mobile alarm fitters and only cost me around £350 for a Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm. ;)

Even if it's a uk we should get new alarms. The zed alarm is very quiet, even when you're in the car.

Agree with that! I have set my own alarm off a few times now when I get my bike out of my garage and ride slowly past the Zed, it's a sensitive alarm (although a loud bike also).

This happens with mine aswell, got to squeeze through the gap between mine and the mrs car and its only ever my alarm that goes off

• Like 1