Engine Bay shots

Stu_2424

• 2 months later...

Nothing special here... Just a mega clean. The previous owner probably never cleaned the bay - it was minging!

Definitely getting some red conduit, red hoses, anodised red oil cap, rad cap, paint fluid caps anodised red, and of course a polished plenum or strut with anodised red feet from Wasso!

1620854_10153797739710461_1569373412_n.jpg

Edited by Cal

• 3 weeks later...

5594AA24-F1F2-4EAC-A56A-4593AC57F42B-11271-0000072D8D15CDDD_zps9883f163.jpg

Ian where can I get similar orange hoses and pipes from? I'm slowly going to be progressing with the black and orange theme (orange being the best colour :lol: ) Do they just go over the existing pipe as a cover or are they a replacement?

• Like 1

Does anybody have a decent build thread on detailing the engine bay?

Simples -

Strip

Strip41.jpg

Clean and paint

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF2163.jpg

Replace

KODC1310_zps2b7bc574.jpg

Job done :thumbs:

Your turn ;)

• Like 4

Why thank you Mr Keyser but it's all going soon I have something else in the pipeline for it :lol:

Shame - Can Mrs Keyser have dibs on all the purple bits you want to sell then? - she likes purple :thumbs:

Looking forwards to seeing what comes next :thumbs:

@ Ceejay29

Start with something simple and work your way through it a bit a time - paint the battery and fluid covers or maybe the plenum. You can get a spare plenum clean and polish or paint then 1 for 1 swap so no down time - a nice hose kit some colour matched sheathing for the cables. You don't have to go to extremes - I was doing a full car rebuild so may as well paint it while it was out :)

Edited by Keyser