Delimit my car?

Razpulsedj

I have searched the forum for any answers but couldn't find any so if there is any posts about it sorry in advance to repeat the question but any help and info to point me in the right direction would be really appreciated!

My car is an import so is restricted to 121mph, I know there isn't a need to want to go faster on UK roads but its just the fact that there's something on my car which id rather have unlocked than locked. Cut a long story short all the lads at work take the mick lol, so I want to get the limiter off :)

What would I need to install? Where can I get it done? What price would it be?

Thanks again!

You can get something called an HKS Defenser which is a plug in to the engine management thing - no idea how effective they are as I just naturally am not a fan of plugging aftermarket stuff into the chip which is the heart and brains of my engine.

I opted for the UpRev solution, which has the advantage that you can re-tune the engine if you then carry out other modifications. Going back to when I first got my girl adjusted it was UpReved, then re-mapped after I fitted a new exhaust, then remapped once I had the Berks HFCs fitted and then again once I had the plenum spacer fitted, each time tuning her to maximise the benefits from the modifications.

Not sure where you are but I make the journey each time down to Abbey Motorsports in Surrey. I live in Manchester so it's a good 250 miles each way each time - I think it's worth it as I have huge regard for the guys at Abbey, as they are

i) thoroughly knowledgeable - you'd be hard put to find anyone in England who knows more about Zeds

ii) nice people - who actually take the time and trouble to explain what they're doing, and don't mind if you want to ask more questions and talk to the mechanics and so on and

iii) they give you Marmite on toast with the coffee when you get there (though they still owe me the marmite on toast from the last time I went)

If you get it remapped with up rev that will sort it out it's about 400£, they put it on a rolling road and set your car up with mods and stuff on it or just as standered.

Really! That's a lot more pricey than what I had in mind but saying that I know the rolling roads aint cheap

Where you based bud we can suggest a place to map it!

In S****horpe just near Hull mate, be great if you could!

# It's 112 mph not 121 ;)

Lol oh dear that's even more embarrassing lol

You can get something called an HKS Defenser which is a plug in to the engine management thing - no idea how effective they are as I just naturally am not a fan of plugging aftermarket stuff into the chip which is the heart and brains of my engine.

I opted for the UpRev solution, which has the advantage that you can re-tune the engine if you then carry out other modifications. Going back to when I first got my girl adjusted it was UpReved, then re-mapped after I fitted a new exhaust, then remapped once I had the Berks HFCs fitted and then again once I had the plenum spacer fitted, each time tuning her to maximise the benefits from the modifications.

Not sure where you are but I make the journey each time down to Abbey Motorsports in Surrey. I live in Manchester so it's a good 250 miles each way each time - I think it's worth it as I have huge regard for the guys at Abbey, as they are

i) thoroughly knowledgeable - you'd be hard put to find anyone in England who knows more about Zeds

ii) nice people - who actually take the time and trouble to explain what they're doing, and don't mind if you want to ask more questions and talk to the mechanics and so on and

iii) they give you Marmite on toast with the coffee when you get there (though they still owe me the marmite on toast from the last time I went)

I saw that HKS Defenser on ebay but im the same, don't really fancy just putting something on my car when ive not hear much about it.

Thanks for all that info mate, still its a trip and a half for me just for that, maybe something to find closer to home if possible, saying that the toast and coffee is tempting ;)

Thanks for all your help!

It's not that fair from RS tuning in Leeds they have good feed back on here . 112mph is not that bad really :-)

Diddnt realise RS Tuning did this? Shall have to give them a call! Thanks!

The other incentive with the UpRev is improved fuel economy, better acceleration due to restriction lift on first three gears and of course de limiting the car

Now that's sold it for me! Could use some better economy ;)

You're better off waiting until you do some mods first. If you have a DE engine, then do the following before UP-Reving to get the most out of it...

1) High Flow Cats or De-cat

2) Plenum spacer

3) Improve air intake (possibly 06+ air box mod)

4) Change exhaust for a more free flowing, better sounding one.

If you have a HR engine, then just ignore 2) Plenum spacer

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I would like to get mine delimited too. My question is, are my only options an UpRev or HKS speed defender thingy??

Pretty much, yes.

Personally I'd get some exhaust/air induction mods done first and then get an UpRev done to feel all the benefits including having the top end restriction taken off. :thumbs:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I would like to get mine delimited too. My question is, are my only options an UpRev or HKS speed defender thingy??

Pretty much, yes.

Personally I'd get some exhaust/air induction mods done first and then get an UpRev done to feel all the benefits including having the top end restriction taken off. :thumbs:

Ah OK thanks mate, I am planning on getting an UpRev at some point anyway. Just need a few more exhaust mods and a plenum spacer first! :D