GrunDy's - Eleanor's Fat Ass!

Grundy

Will your wheels still fit? ;):lol:

:p Ian's do. should be pretty similar to this.

Haha good!! The BC's look like a great choice, will definitely transform your car.

Was a tough call, wanted something Sub £1k.

Ruled out BC's at first due to being True Coilovers,

Then went for Tein Coils, but they didn't have adjustable dampeners :/ Which seemed silly for the price of them.

Then looked at Tanabe, wasn't really fussed.

Then Matt said BC's do have separate springs. So had to do some digging :lol:

And then we arrived here :)

• Like 1

BC's are awesome, I actually find them better than the OEM suspension as it's not trying to be sporty and comfortable at the same time. If you want comfortable you turn them to soft, if you want sporty you turn them to hard. As a result they're lest crashy than the OEM set up :)

• Like 1

Good choice Matt.

BC are the best all round shock for the money.

I have HSDs on my car which are awesome on track but probably a bit too hard for a daily driver.

They were going to be my next choice as they are damn good for the money.

Great to see the mods are back in full swing! Was there any reason for choosing BC over the offering from Miester R? I have them fitted on mine, not the 'true' coilover, the Zeta S i believe, and curious on what the difference is, as it took me ages to decide. In the end, Miester R doing finance sold it to me. Also, how low do you have to go before you need adjustable drop links? I have it lowered around 20mm, and have Eibach adjustable ARB's,but have never replaced the drop links on the rear, and just run the tougher spec standard jobs on the front.

Your car will look great a touch lower matt:)

When u planning on getting all the suspension fitted? Would mind having a look /ride when it's done :)

Well there is a 2 week lead time on the Coils but by the looks of it they may be here next week :O :D

So possibly the following weekend.

Great to see the mods are back in full swing! Was there any reason for choosing BC over the offering from Miester R? I have them fitted on mine, not the 'true' coilover, the Zeta S i believe, and curious on what the difference is, as it took me ages to decide. In the end, Miester R doing finance sold it to me. Also, how low do you have to go before you need adjustable drop links? I have it lowered around 20mm, and have Eibach adjustable ARB's,but have never replaced the drop links on the rear, and just run the tougher spec standard jobs on the front.

It's nice to be back on track again after the massive set back :lol:

To be honest I completely forgot about he Miester. At the same time though, I'd rather just pay my items off as soon as I can, other wise I will run my self in some serious debt :lol:

So the BC's were a good price, with some pretty good reviews, especially over in america (Although heard some bad storys of the full true coilovers :lol: )

Not sure how low you have to go, but I had an advisory on the MOT of my drop links needed replacing soon.

So figured may as well pay a little extra and get Adjustable to avoid any issues/faffing around down the line.

So what are the spring rates for BC ? And how do they compare to the rates of my tein springs ?

Hold on while I unpack my crystal ball ......... oh bugger, seems I left it at home today :lol:

Ahh, Im feeling generous ........ this is all off t'internet so may not be totally accurate.

Standard is 5.4kg/mm front and 6.1 rear on a 2004, from 04 onwards the rears went to 7.6. Nismo S-tune are 8.1 and 8.9 respectively.

BC's are 10/8

HSD Monopros are 14/7

HSD Dualtechs are 12/11

Meister R (dual) 10/8

Meister R (single) 10/5

Tein Street 9/9

Ohlins NIS 10/7

Cusco 10/7

HKS Hipermax III 9/9

Apexi N1 10/8

Tanabe Sustec 10/8

Megan Track 12/10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, they are cheap! Are they good quality?

Indeed, it's why I went with them, an unbeatable price. From the reviews I've read on them, you can't fault them, pretty sure (may be wrong) the Drift Works comp cars run these....so if it's good enough for them.....

Obviously, you can pay more and get better quality/brand etc. But I think these should do suffice :D

• Like 1