Petrol Guage roulette - Who Plays this?

maddog1982

I usually fill up when it's just over 1/4 tank, only ever use V Power so just fill up when I'm near my local ones don't want to risk getting too low and having to use different fuel.

The only time I ever had to put 70L+ in was when I first bought it.

Edited by Jp606

Oh and I also did it in a 1.2 convertible A3 .....in white (bender eh?!) courtesy car. Ran out on the Handbridge Bridge in Chester which is a single lane bridge with traffic lights either side.

It JUST managed to coast to the other side and up the kerb.....squeaky bum time that was i tell thee!

I was going to start my own thread on this!

Once I get down to - - - - after a few miles the petrol light vanishes and the reading typically goes back to 20 miles!

Last week it went from 20 miles to - - - - and I'd left my bank card in the house, I drove 15 miles home from work on - - - - then the next day when I started her up the light went off and I had 28 miles showing.

hmmmm, I am going to break the mould and say I won't let the gauge drop below 1/4. Reasoning for this is that mine is 9 years old and always a bit wary of having crud at the bottom of the tank.

My logic is that you don't save any money playing roulette (and petrol roulette), but potentially you could save wear and tear.

I'm not saying in correct but it's just what I do! :stir:

Is it poss to get the DTE light to go out again ?? so your thundering along, DTE comes on, slow down drive like a vicar, would it go out again if DTE in theory goes up ??

Something to play with on the way home tonight methinks

Yes. This has happened to me a couple of times now, doing exactly that!

hmmmm, I am going to break the mould and say I won't let the gauge drop below 1/4. Reasoning for this is that mine is 9 years old and always a bit wary of having crud at the bottom of the tank.

My logic is that you don't save any money playing roulette (and petrol roulette), but potentially you could save wear and tear.

I'm not saying in correct but it's just what I do! :stir:

My grandad always said this.

Given that you can't easily change the petrol filter it's probably very good practice