help and advice....massiveee dilemma! :(

Garyt350z

Hey guys,

The time has come to update my headunit and I have narrowed it down to these 2 as I dont see any point spending much more when u add the price of patch cables etc to it!

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331005643361

or

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251324363755

both have pros and cons but cant decide, subtle with renound performance etc (plus matches the zed interior) or highly technical with every function needed but risky with fitting etc and performance with bose system! :-/

I go for the sony all the time. . . .

I got one of these a few weeks back and it's spot on. . .

The quality is excellent and the BT is just amazing. . .

I can control my iPhone from it and you can change all the colours to Mach your car :-)

Kenwood DPX405BT

From looking round I found that Halfords was the cheapest but they had to order it in. . . .

I think it was about £5 cheaper on eBay but if anything was wrong with it it's easier to go shout at them lmao

Had it's about 3 months and I'm more than happy with it :-)

It looks like tue decision has been made! Kinda knew this in the back of my head but prob wanted to see if there were any positive comments on the HK one!lol

will get the sony ordered tonite!

Easty, do u have the bose system? What wiring kit did u go for if so?

:)

No mine had different speakers in and a sh1t head unit when I first got it. . . .

So door speakers got upgraded and so did the head unit . . .

As it was already a aftermarket one it had the different wires in so the new kenwood one just fitted into it no problem

@ Garyt350z ~ so glad you saw sense and went for the Sony. I've actually got a great Pioneer double din unit in my Zed but I've had Sony's in the past which have been very good too. Can't believe you where even considering that one from Hong Kong. :scare::lol: @KUGT4 ~ any double din by Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, JVC or Alpine will be miles better than the standard Bose head unit. ;)

Edited by GMballistic

I bought the Sony, haven't had time to suss out the trick bits yet, but playing cds the sound is pretty good playing with the set up a bit, looking at connecting up my mp3 player soon to try that out. I have a standard Bose set up. Take my advice DON'T get Halfords to fit it, they ended up refusing to fit it, but I did get £50 off the cost of the head unit for mucking me about. They did have them half price £129 3 weeks ago

Make sure you get the right patch lead and multi-stalk loom (if you want to keep your steering wheel controls)

Good luck