Z Powered Laguna coupe

DmZ33

1867733130.jpg

Renault is putting the final touches to a new Laguna coupe. The new two-door is part of a plan to increase sales as well as boosting Renault's brand image and profitability.

The new two-door will go on sale in the second half of 2008, about 12 months behind the new Laguna hatchback and estate.

The coupé's look is distinct from its sister cars and has been heavily influenced by the 2004 Fluence concept.

A Renault source told Autocar that the coupé will be “less conservativeâ€

Come back Chesterfield - we're getting hits from all sides. These bots are making our life a misery.

WHERE ARE YOU???? :plane: to the rescue. We can no longer bear reading about boring sedans. This is a 350z site for enthusiasts with lead lined right shoes :lol:

And who are you?

I dont understand how who I am or an introduction is relevant to this post.

Because this is my first post does not make me a "spam bot", I have been lurking for a while.....I can see why some people on the forum didnt like you ;)

speak up young man :)

I have an 07 gunmetal/twlight grey on order once I get my car i will be posting pics and details

And cheers for the welcome

And who are you?

I dont understand how who I am or an introduction is relevant to this post.

Because this is my first post does not make me a "spam bot", I have been lurking for a while.....I can see why some people on the forum didnt like you ;)

speak up young man :)

I have an 07 gunmetal/twlight grey on order once I get my car i will be posting pics and details

And cheers for the welcome

Well, human beings usually introduce themselves first or even explain why they are posting such drivel about renault ;)

TBF Darren it is slightly odd to post up your own interpretation of an Autocar article about a Renault as your first post here without any indication why or who you are. I note you've done the same thing on the other side but as you've been posting there no-one's accused you of being a "bot".

I don't think anyone's being funny with you and you are very welcome over this side - you've just managed to confuse a few folk. Enjoy the site mate. :thumbs:

I hate French cars :yuck:

My yougest daughter has a Xsara, brilliantly reliable car. We've had it about 3 years now and covered 25k miles. My oldest daughter has a Megane 2 and she loves it. I've had 3 Xantias. My foirst I covered 70k miles and it only had disks and pads. My last one was a 3litre V6 32 valve Exclusive. Fantastic value second had. I ran this for a few years from 45k miles to 130k miles and never serviced it propoerly, i.e. occasional oil change only. in the end the gearbox died, but boy did I give that car some hammer. Engine was a peach, the PRV used in the Clio V6. My dad's had a Xantia for 10 years, (he's retired now), and it's been very reliable.

Before any of you condem them, the're better than the british equivalents. They may be quirky looking but many are better built than Jap cars, but clearly not up to german build quality... ;)

I don't know what it is., honestly.

I've had a few mates (not chavs) that had Saxos, 106s and 306s. They all said the same thing that they wouldn't buy French again. Always had a problem.

In saying that my father in law has a laguna and taxis it (160,000 miles +), the timing belt has went once which could happen on any car, other than that no real mechanical issues. His main gripe is the cost of umpteen window motors, tyre sensors, brake sensors etc. Mechanically fine, electrically poor.

One mate had a Saxo and ran it into the ground. He now has a C4 and swears by it... I think I'd just end up swearing at it though. As I say I don't know what it is...

I’m sort of with Kev on this. Not all French cars suck ass although they do look crap. I cant recall any problems with Citroens. Renault on the other have the worst electric systems. Now before people start throwing virtual rocks at me I also consider Volkswagen up there with Renault for the same problem. The amount of nearly new cars from both manufacturers I see everyday that have lights front and rear that don’t work or have gone mad. Mad as in the brake lights start flashing when an indicator is on.

Back on topic. The front of the car is too Renault. I’m looking at it now with just the front as far back as the headlamps in view and it’s just a Renault. If Nissan wanted the Z to be just a Nissan they would of given it the front of an Almera or Micra.

If they build it it’ll be like the TT. The small engine model will be everywhere.