Supercharger/ Twin Turbo on an Automatic

N9JAH

Depends what you want to do, really.

That's what I'm doing, supercharging:

1. GTM SC Stage 1 kit (including better fuel pump, injectors, fuel return system)

2. Full true dual exhaust - ARK + ARK test pipes

3. Gearbox cooler

4. Oil cooler

5. Stainless steel brake lines + Motul 660 fluid + Ferodo DS2500 pads

optional 6. Better suspension package - KW V3 coilovers, Eibach ARBs, SPL drop links, SPL front and rear camber arms

optional 7. GTR intake + GTM fuel rails + GTM adaptor to 370z

If you want to do twin turbo:

1. GTM MHI TT kit, available soon-ish

2 - 7 as above

8. Valve body upgrade - GTM

9. Torque converter upgrade - GTM

On both situations you need UpRev licence and remap / dyno time.

No modified bonnet required, but I have the Seibon CF bonnet with vents, helps the cooling a bit.

P.S.

Follow my thread here, have a browse through: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/73768-never-posted-in-the-370z-area-before/

Edited by octet

Depends what you want to do, really.

That's what I'm doing, supercharging:

1. GTM SC Stage 1 kit (including better fuel pump, injectors, fuel return system)

2. Full true dual exhaust - ARK + ARK test pipes

3. Gearbox cooler

4. Oil cooler

5. Stainless steel brake lines + Motul 660 fluid + Ferodo DS2500 pads

optional 6. Better suspension package - KW V3 coilovers, Eibach ARBs, SPL drop links, SPL front and rear camber arms

optional 7. GTR intake + GTM fuel rails + GTM adaptor to 370z

If you want to do twin turbo:

1. GTM MHI TT kit, available soon-ish

2 - 7 as above

8. Valve body upgrade - GTM

9. Torque converter upgrade - GTM

On both situations you need UpRev licence and remap / dyno time.

No modified bonnet required, but I have the Seibon CF bonnet with vents, helps the cooling a bit.

P.S.

Follow my thread here, have a browse through: http://www.350z-uk.c...0z-area-before/

Why an Auto then Octet? Any reason for this?

I have a 370Z auto, don't really want to change it to whatever a Octet is. Thinking supercharge is out of my price range is I have to basically rebuild the engine bay, etc etc etc. Any cheaper performance upgrade where I don't have to upgrade anything else?

I have a 370Z auto, don't really want to change it to whatever a Octet is. Thinking supercharge is out of my price range is I have to basically rebuild the engine bay, etc etc etc. Any cheaper performance upgrade where I don't have to upgrade anything else?

a V8?

If the 370Z isnt packing enough punch, and you dont want to force more power. Maybe another car?

N/A mods will see you the same amount of money for any kind decent gain.

What's on Octet?! :lol:

It's in his Avatar - put that in your petrol and you'll be qualified to drive the Trraaaaaansfurgarashuuuuuuuun Highway.

Why an Auto then Octet? Any reason for this?

Cos he's a girl!

• Like 2

Sell yours and buy gtr r35... Sorted...

Edited by Dashurik

Why do you want more power? General straight line speed on the roads, drag or my personal favourie; pub figures?

I've owned boosted cars from 140bhp - 600+bhp and the power in our 370's is great IMO, suits the chassis very well too. If you drive them like a **** you can get TC lighting up at you (if you leave it on) in 3rd & 4th gear as it is.

Do you have a power goal in mind before you start by the way, 400, 500, more?

I agree the 370z is a great car and quick in any direction you decide to point it. I love it.

I just looking at my options. I do like the idea of having a supercharged or twin turbo car.

I want to know I have more power and could the new Caymen S and new S3 maybe even something a lot more expensive then 370z

But I have a budget of £5000 and my 370Z is automatic so what the best way to get a good gain without loads of work because I would have to pay someone to fit it?

You will not get a SC or TT set-up on a 370z for £5k. You will need double that at least (before paying for fitting).

For £5k, I would get Intake/HFC's/Exhaust/UpRev/Coilovers/Top Spec tyres/Driver Training Day.

Or sell the 370z, and add the £5k to the money and go buy something already boosted.

• Like 1