Twisted driver seatbelt

Zhorno

Once you get the seatbelt untwisted. Fully extend the seatbelt and secure it, so it can't move then proceed with cleaning the seat belt. You will probably find that the webbing is clagged up. Once cleaned and fully dried it should slide smoothly and not twist.

Edited by bronzee

Just to clear this up the seat belt has a half twist in it, so only way to get this out is to unbolt the bottom part were it's attached to the car, but if I remember right u can't do that because the buckle that is attached to it can only go 1 way round , I'll have to double check when I'm in my car lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple fix, get harnesses!

I've thought of getting harnesses at a later date, mainly for show, but then I can to the conclusion that they'd **** me off. Many times I have to lean forward to see better out of a junction or twist my body to see behind me whilst reversing, neither of these things I can do with harnesses.

A few times when trying to lean forward the seatbelt has locked, not just in the Zed, but quite a few cars and it's quite difficult to describe how angry and frustrated that makes me :lol:

Is there a way to keep the seatbelt and have harnesses fitted?

Simple fix, get harnesses!

I've thought of getting harnesses at a later date, mainly for show, but then I can to the conclusion that they'd **** me off. Many times I have to lean forward to see better out of a junction or twist my body to see behind me whilst reversing, neither of these things I can do with harnesses.

A few times when trying to lean forward the seatbelt has locked, not just in the Zed, but quite a few cars and it's quite difficult to describe how angry and frustrated that makes me :lol:

Is there a way to keep the seatbelt and have harnesses fitted?

Yeah, I've done it. Lap belt is secured to the same point as the standard seatbelt on the outside just with a longer bolt to hold them both and into the floor via one of those threaded plates.

Edit: and my bucket seat mount has a fixing point for the lap belt too :)

Edited by Dedman