damp/condensation Probs

Broomers-ZED

hi chaps only had the zed 4ish months now and its getting into the winter months...

I seem to suffer from a lot of condensation all the time, even after a mornings drive dropping the GF home, I can manage to get it all cleard of right, but say I park back up within a hour or two its back to how it was since the start, just seems to fog up like all the time.

even when I drive it it fogs up and just having to keep the heaters on all the time :/

is the a commom prob with the Zeds or is it just my Zed haha

also, I have put a Damp trap crystal thing in there for the past month and tht has traped about 2cms worth of water...? hmmm.

thankyou Phil

Mine seems to be fogging up a fair bit too Phil but I'm wondering if it's just down to the wet weather we're having at the moment. Mainly happens on the back window but occasionally the front window too. Clears quickly enough though with the use of the A/c. No water in car or leaks that I can find so I'm not worried. :)

Yep my Zed was always kike a turkish bath in winter..... A/C on full blast and rear window heater on and I could at least see where I was going and where I had been :surrender:

No problems now, even my steering wheel is heater :cloud9:

Sent from the golf club...

Apart from having to drive everywhere side ways according to your "missing your Zed in winter" thread. :lol: Just hope your side windows keep clear so you can see where your drifting. ;)
  • Like 1

i assume it must take the cabin longer to warm up on a morning with ac on?

When people say AC they really mean climate control as fitted to the Zed ... so no it won't take longer to heat up with the climate control on ... just turn it on and leave it on ... and don't forget those lovely heated seats if you've got them

Not really as you can use the A/c on hot or cold. I usually have mine set at 25 and it warms up pretty quick tbh. :thumbs:

I have mine set on 32 without the AC on, and fully on front windscreen when its fogged up... that's correct right?

Not really as you can use the A/c on hot or cold. I usually have mine set at 25 and it warms up pretty quick tbh. :thumbs:

I have mine set on 32 without the AC on, and fully on front windscreen when its fogged up... that's correct right?

If you want to clear the windscreen quicker you'd be better off doing what your doing but with the A/c on imo. Will clear it much quicker.

No, stick the A/C on which acts as a dehumidifier, so it'll clear the windscreen quicker. Direction and heat is up to you though.

Edited to add; or what he said ^. Curse my slow typing!

Edited by ilogikal1

When warm air is directed at a fogged up windscreen it clears it because warmer air is able to hold more moisture than cold air. (But the water droplets are still in the air)

When air is cooled down to dew point the water is physically removed from the air and falls out as condensation :p

• Like 1