Call of Duty Ghosts

hensh65

Bought all the COD games from day one and the one I enjoyed most has to be "Modern Warfare 2". Actually got to Prestige 10 in that game online. Just went down hill after that imo with Black Ops etc. I'm not even bothered about getting "Ghosts" as GTA5 is all I'm playing at the moment. That's ok though as if I get the COD bug again I can always get a cheap pre-owned game in a month or so once the hype has died down & people start getting pi**ed off with being beaten by 12 year old kids. :lol:;)

Think your referring to Brest. Multiplayer with rifles only is what I play when I get chance.

I had a look and i'm not sure of the name of the "French Village" i will load it up at the weekend for old times sake. Destroyed Village was also a pretty good map.

I used to play with a group of work collagues including my boss at the time, a couple of us and went out to buy gaming headsets so we could chat to each other and pinpoint our boss :lol:

Anyway went slightly OT there, i believe Ghosts on the 360 is suffering severe lag. :(

I picked it up yesterday and have racked up about 10 hours online gameplay so far.

I'm finding it pretty frustrating because the maps are so complex and the spawns are all over the place making my style of rushing very hard, I'm constantly getting shot in the back.

It's very early days tho and it runs much better than black ops 2 did when it first came out.

I actually really enjoyed black ops 2 once I got used to it, the maps were symmetrical and the spawns simple, it allowed for great rushing and fast paced gameplays, also the scorestreak system was great.

Cod ghost is forcing me to play a lot more defensively in order to get decent score and KD gameplays.

Don't think I will get Ghosts to be honest. Me and a friend used to be pretty good at MW1 and 2 then I didn't play another until BO2. Basically though it was the same @*!# different year which unfortunately seems to ring true. Dont get me wrong the game play is great, not as realistic as other games but legitimately fun but they could just do with adding another little something to change it up a bit. I think the second or third COD on the next gen consoles will hopefully make some innovations which of course will be ported to the PC for the glorious PC gaming master race :lol:

Fingers crossed me and my friend wont have to carry so much then too ;)

Agree on Treyarch being the ruination of CoD, always preferred Infinity Ward.

Currently downloading Ghosts on Steam, can't play FPS games on consoles at all, keyboard & mouse all the way, lol

how is the 65 FOV working out for you ?

read a few players hate it, personally i play at 90fov on bf3/cod4

Think your referring to Brest. Multiplayer with rifles only is what I play when I get chance.

I had a look and i'm not sure of the name of the "French Village" i will load it up at the weekend for old times sake. Destroyed Village was also a pretty good map.

I used to play with a group of work collagues including my boss at the time, a couple of us and went out to buy gaming headsets so we could chat to each other and pinpoint our boss :lol:

Anyway went slightly OT there, i believe Ghosts on the 360 is suffering severe lag. :(

Carentan? :)

Agree on Treyarch being the ruination of CoD, always preferred Infinity Ward.

Currently downloading Ghosts on Steam, can't play FPS games on consoles at all, keyboard & mouse all the way, lol

how is the 65 FOV working out for you ?

read a few players hate it, personally i play at 90fov on bf3/cod4

Not a clue what FOV is, but guessing it's to do with frame rates.

I just go into advanced video settings, set quality to manual, everything set to high and Anti-Aliasing off and I'm a happy bunny

I just go into advanced video settings, set quality to manual, everything set to high and Anti-Aliasing off and I'm a happy bunny

FOV - Field of view/vision :thumbs:

Take a look at this which makes its effect obvious

Edited by longsh07

Meh! The PC might have better graphics but it still looks worse in my opinion. Hate the way it puts a fisheye effect on everything, the gameplay looks really weird.

Edited by nowhereboy

Meh! The PC might have better graphics but it still looks worse in my opinion. Hate the way it puts a fisheye effect on everything, the gameplay looks really weird.

that does look a bit 'fish eye', cant say it's the same on cod4 tho, might be because cod4 was designed on the pc first then ported to consoles where as all the rest where console first then pc ported :blush:

(sorry OP for going slightly off topic)