Liberty Walk 458 - Sacrilege or Genius?

brillomaster

Rocketbunny, FFS.

I know WTF, I can only assume it's some sort of crazy Japanese thing.

You know what they're like with stuff.

Its a brand, like nismo or "fabulous" or Stillen etc except waaay more exclusive. If you have genuine RB kit people need new pants when you drive past.

I had to google 'rocketbunny' to work out what the bloody hell you guys were on about!

Surely sticking to the traditional 'ducktail' would be both easier and far more accurate? At least, I assume that's what you're talking about.

Rocketbunny, FFS.

I'm at work, don't think I'll google that until I get home just to be on the safe side.

Its a brand, like nismo or "fabulous" or Stillen etc except waaay more exclusive. If you have genuine RB kit people need new pants when you drive past.

Yes mate, I know what/who RB are, I was just lol'ing with Ekona about the actual choice of name :) .

Another big underground scene company is TransientHippo.

Yes mate, I know what/who RB are, I was just lol'ing with Ekona about the actual choice of name :) .

Another big underground scene company is TransientHippo.

Oh ok, fair shout :)

• 6 months later...

Someone had cahunez to start tearing up their new 458 like that, hopeful that they could do something better than ferrari...

Purely on account of the balls taken to start drilling holes in your new 458, I like it.

Seriously though, I think it takes what is a classically beautiful car, and takes it into a different sector of beautiful... "rude" beautiful... and I dont think they compare...

Sort of like, what looks better... a hard core r34 or an e type?

Finally, lol, Setting is important with a car like this, 458 italia looks good everywhere, in Coventry, on a grey day, the liberty walk ferrari would look silly.

I have a bit of a love hate thing for over fenders, I love the look of them, but hate them on road cars.

Would I put them on a road car though, yes, but absolutey only if it had serious horse power to match the looks, other wise imho it just looks like your a bit of a try hard. I think the RB Gt86 is awesome looking, but would be mortified to be overtaken on the road by diesel burning rep mobiles.

That 458 looks stunning, not sure I would want to it to mine if I had one though :)

Cars like this look pathetic over here.

I seen a few body kits like this in San Diego a couple of years ago. They look much better on wide, palm tree lined roads in the sun.

Still not for me though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...