Screw it, I'm keeping it!

nowhereboy

I did put my car up for sale briefly but I got cold feet and decided to keep it. I think I'd struggle to get another one in the condition of mine for the same sort of price later on down the line and it hasn't missed a beat since me owning it, I had a sudden change of heart so I'm sorry if i've wasted anyones time, I have asked the mod's to delete my for sale thread.

Just went out for a quick spin to celebrate and enjoy the car and managed to get a nail in the rear tyre, the bloody thing was pancaked by the time I got home, typical eh? :lol:

I've decided it's a good excuse to get some new rubber all round.

I think I'm going to go for something like falcon fk453's. Am I right in thinking the standard Z wheels (non GT) are 225/45 front and 245/45 on the rear? And is there anywhere online that stands out as the cheapest place to purchase tyres from, or is it just a case of shopping about?

I'm going to pick up some spacers for the wheels while I'm at it, any particular brand I should look out for? Do any of the traders on this forum sell them?

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be sticking around for a bit longer after all :teeth:

• Like 2

Yea man, once people started getting interested in buying the car the reality of what I was doing set in and I changed my mind. It is a constant drain on my funds but hey, if you want nice things you gotta pay for em right? I'll just have to curb my extra curricular drinking activities on the weekends for a little while :scare:

Cheers guys, when searching for tyres what are the exact spec's I should be looking for?

Sorry for the noob question but I can't seem to find a straight answer.

My tyres on the standard GT spec 18" Rays are 225/45 on the front and 245/45 on the rear as you thought. Speed rating is important imo especially if you plan on putting your foot down safely. That's what the letter indicates on the end of the tyre specifics. eg: 225/45/18W. I'd say you want a "Z" rating atleast which is 150mph+. "W" is 168mph+. I've used Camskill in the past for tyres but there is also Black Circles but I've not tried them yet but it could be good for a price comparison. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s0p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_18_inch http://www.blackcircles.com/

I bought 2 Falken 453's for the rear a couple of months ago. The best price I could find were Oponeo Tyres - CLICK HERE - I think they may be based in Poland, but they were reliable and helpful/efficient on the phone - £119 for the Falken 453 225/45 R18, delivered. I had no problems with them.

Blackcircles are £127.80 each, for the same tyre. Camskill are £127.90, so you could save about £36 if you buy 4 tyres from Oponeo.

Hey

When I saw your for sale thread - it made me think.. I have same year as you I paid a couple hundred more.. but fsh nissan stamped etc.. and I did think to myself I couldnt sell for a loss not at 6 months ownership...

But hey now your keeping the z time to move back to tyres you say you want falkens? Couldnt you be

A little persuaded to go for MPSS.. I have to tell you I never felt anything like it.. the grip the feedback... these tyres make you forget your in a 300hp rwd car grip is just astonishing imho.

My opinion save the money get MPSS

Edited by Sempiternal

I'm really glad to hear that you're keeping your Z, in my mind there's nothing on the market to beat it for price and looks. I 'm also in the process of looking for 20mm spacers for the front. I've already got 25mm spacers for the rear and in my mind you can't go wrong with Eibach. They may be slightly more expensive than other brands but they have the German equivalent of road safety certification. For tyres, I have just bought a pair of Hankook V12' in 245/45 x 18's and find them really good in the wet and also in the dry. If they do have a problem and its only a problem if you do regular track days and that is the sidewalls are softer than some other cars, but for everyday driving they're not an issue. I drove on T1R-Proxes before and to be honest I couldn't tell much difference on the road.

I bought 2 Falken 453's for the rear a couple of months ago. The best price I could find were Oponeo Tyres - CLICK HERE - I think they may be based in Poland, but they were reliable and helpful/efficient on the phone - £119 for the Falken 453 225/45 R18, delivered. I had no problems with them.

Blackcircles are £127.80 each, for the same tyre. Camskill are £127.90, so you could save about £36 if you buy 4 tyres from Oponeo.

Cheers! I think blackcircles are cheaper actually unless I'm looking at the wrong ones...

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/falken/azenis-fk-453/225/45/R18/Y/95/m?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3f%26width%3d225%26profile%3d45%26rim%3d18%26speed%3dZ&tyre=31732189

These are similar priced and have pretty good reviews too

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/falken/ziex-ze-914/225/45/R18/W/95/m?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3f%26width%3d225%26profile%3d45%26rim%3d18%26speed%3dAny&tyre=31733215

I really don't want to spend much more tha £100 a corner if it can be helped.

• Like 1

Cheers! I think blackcircles are cheaper actually unless I'm looking at the wrong ones...

http://www.blackcirc...Z&tyre=31732189

These are similar priced and have pretty good reviews too

http://www.blackcirc...y&tyre=31733215

I really don't want to spend much more tha £100 a corner if it can be helped.

Aaah - I was looking at Blackcircles via their link with Tescos - the little naughties add on a pretty penny if you go through Tesco, don't they?

Wahey your keeping it! B)

Personally I would look for some Rays with part worn tyres. Can usually be picked up for around £500.

Sell your old wheels for around £200, so for £300 you can get lightweight alloys with hopefully part worn decent tyres!

Wahey your keeping it! B)

Personally I would look for some Rays with part worn tyres. Can usually be picked up for around £500.

Sell your old wheels for around £200, so for £300 you can get lightweight alloys with hopefully part worn decent tyres!

My car is not drivable so I need to sort something out asap, great idea with the rays man but I don't have time to wait about for some to come up for sale. I need the tyres fitted within a couple of days really. Had to get the bus to work today (not fun).

Lets say I have an absolute maximum budget of 120 a corner for rubber, what would you guys go for?

There is so much choice out there and most of the tyres have very mixed reviews!

Currently I'm running Falken 452's all round which are great tyres but apparently there unavailable anymore. Think 453's are there replacement?! I was going to try Michelin Pilot Super Sports next time maybe but there around £160+ a corner which is a bit much so am also looking at Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's which my old man is going to try soon. Don't need tyres myself just yet so have got plenty of time to see what my old man thinks of the Goodyear's and also check what else is about. Best bet nowhereboy is to try Camskill/Black circle websites to see what tyres are in your price range and then post your choices on here to see if anyone's using them or has tried them before. ;)

Cheers GM! I've been browsing camskill, black circle and oponeo for the last hour or so haha!

I'll be staying up to wait for my wages going in tonight and then ordering them straight away as I need them asap and won't have time to do it in the morning.

I've narrowed it down to a few choices so far.

1. Kumho KU39 - £100 a corner

2. toyo proxes T1 sport - £119

3. Hankook ventus V12 - £119

4. Falken fk 453 - £119

All of the above have mixed reviews but most of them positive. Particularly like the look of the V12's, thats what I'm swaying towards at the minute.

Just noticed the tyres on my car at the moment are a mix match, I'd imagine any of the above is going to be a major improvement on what I'm used to anyway. Pretty excited now!! :D

From your choices I'd choose the Falken FK453's but that's only because I'm running Falken's currently which are excellent. Have you looked at Avon ZZ3's at all? I used to run them on my EP3 Civic Type R and they where good on the fwd. Not sure how they'd be on the rwd Zed's but they're in your price range. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well, I've spent ages trawling through the forums and reading reviews of different tyres and the kumho KU39's keep popping up with good reviews. A few people on here run them and recommend them in other threads on this board too.

With budget in mind I think thats what I'm going to go for, as some of you know I'm moving out this month and that extra cash will be useful in my back burner!

The Avon ZZ3's look ok but judging by what I've read the kumho's are better for the money :thumbs:

I did notice camskill have the nankang NS2 on offer for £60 a corner, they fetch £100 on most other sites, seems like a good deal but there is a lot of bad things being said about that tyre online at the minute haha, don't think I'd want to stoop quite that low.....

Edited by nowhereboy