Considering coming across to the Z side

Hi Guys, my names Jason from the Norwich area,

I currently drive an EP3 Type R, I absoloutely love the car and will miss it but i feel it's time for a change, i'm just fed up with the stereotypical "boy racer" tag i get with people and being "randomly stopped" by the rozzers all the time, not to mention it really isn't suitable for work and stands out like a sore thumb in the car park, i've allways had a spot for the 350s and I can't really afford to buy a DC5 atm which is what i would want if i stuck to Honda.

So my question to you all today is, has anyone here come from a EP3 to a 350z, obviously they are completely different cars in many aspects, I just hope it will be as exciting to drive as my EP is.

I'm currently shopping around, quite taken by the Nismo 350's but will probably just settle for a UK model if not, someone want to cover the non cosmetic differences for me?, i'm also undecided on Manual or Tiptronic.

on my last calculations i got 28MPG out of my EP3 and I'm led to believe the 350 is around the 23MPG mark if I'm not mistaken? can a nice map push this closer to the 28 Mark if need be?

Nice too meet you all, Jason

:welcome:

yep there are a few members who are previous Type R owners

My misses had one so drove both regularly. You wont be disappointed with the Zed. Torque is very linear compared to the type R but can be very deceptive. Look down at the speedo and you'll be surprised at the speed your doing.

Personally I would go for manual. Tiptronic is only an option JDM zeds.

20 ish around town but on the motorway you be in the around 30mpg. It's a V6 afterall. You can improve fuel a bit with a map. There are four or five dealers who can do this in the UK.

:welcome: If you search EP3 on here you will find lots of people who have come across. 23mpg is a very sensible average to work from but more is achievable with a light throttle and right circumstances. Equally much less can be obtained.

Welcome to the forum mate :) .

I used to have a EP3 - S2000 - 370Z.

All I can say is that comparing my old EP3 to my 370Z is a million miles apart.

I know it's not a 350Z but they have the same DNA.

Drivetrain, weight, steering feel, engine characteristics, the way you have to drive it get performance, the lot will feel totally different.

It's a nice change of sorts, feels more refined, less rushed and settled. Then there's times I miss the engine, gearbox and posture of the EP3. Horses for courses mate, they are very wide apart IMO.

Have a test drive if you can and let us know what you think, if you've been in a Honda for long time it'll be a nice chaneg :) .

.....not to mention it really isn't suitable for work and stands out like a sore thumb in the car park....

I imagine the Civic is a more practical car than the Zed (if you're "not suitable" comment is referring to it's practicality). But it's OK, a Zed never attracts attention or stands out in a car park...... :teeth:

:welcome: along Jason

.....not to mention it really isn't suitable for work and stands out like a sore thumb in the car park....

I imagine the Civic is a more practical car than the Zed (if you're "not suitable" comment is referring to it's practicality). But it's OK, a Zed never attracts attention or stands out in a car park...... :teeth:

:welcome: along Jason

In terms of sore thumb and unpractical it's more its obscurity, it's Milano red, Mugen Splitter, Spoilet and Grill with a gloss black bonnet roof and boot lid, it's a one off and that's why i'll miss her, it also has a straight through Spoon System on it and is RIDICULOUSLY loud, put it this way my gf, and friends who live in a village 3 miles away can hear me pull it out of my garage, and i can drive it back home and be heard from upto 5 miles away, the work carpark is full of Aston, Jags, Audi's, Beamers and Porsches so poor civic feels lost haha!

Welcome to the forum mate :) .

I used to have a EP3 - S2000 - 370Z.

All I can say is that comparing my old EP3 to my 370Z is a million miles apart.

I know it's not a 350Z but they have the same DNA.

Drivetrain, weight, steering feel, engine characteristics, the way you have to drive it get performance, the lot will feel totally different.

It's a nice change of sorts, feels more refined, less rushed and settled. Then there's times I miss the engine, gearbox and posture of the EP3. Horses for courses mate, they are very wide apart IMO.

Have a test drive if you can and let us know what you think, if you've been in a Honda for long time it'll be a nice chaneg :) .

a friend of mine had one and i've been in the passenger seat, that was amazing enough, yeah i've had three Hondas now will be nice for a change for a bit! I need to find a local garage where i can test drive one.

:welcome:

yep there are a few members who are previous Type R owners

My misses had one so drove both regularly. You wont be disappointed with the Zed. Torque is very linear compared to the type R but can be very deceptive. Look down at the speedo and you'll be surprised at the speed your doing.

Personally I would go for manual. Tiptronic is only an option JDM zeds.

20 ish around town but on the motorway you be in the around 30mpg. It's a V6 afterall. You can improve fuel a bit with a map. There are four or five dealers who can do this in the UK.

That's quite impressive would be happy with that, think i will go with manual anyway, hate lazy driving tbh

Edited by Hughesie90
  • Like 1

:welcome: I had an FN1 and always in my mates EP3, totally different cars. He comes on a lot of the Zeds meets with me and sometimes brings his EP3 but finds he is constantly tearing it to bits to keep up with the pace :lol: However it might not have a boy racer look about it but you still get the boy racers sitting 2 inchs from your hoop :rant: I enjoy taking the bait thought :teeth:

Hi Jason, I've just recently sold my old car which was an 03' Honda Civic Type R 30th Anniversary Edition so I've only had my 350 a few weeks now but it was one of the best decisions I've made. I loved how reliable the Civic was and I had it for 3+ years with no mechanical issues at all. When I sold it I had 118K miles on the clock so it wasn't a low mileage example either. I wasn't even looking for a 350 when I bought mine. I was just looking for something a bit more luxurious, grown up and smarter preferably with leather heated seats & a few other goodies. After looking at Golf R32's, Audi S4's, BMW M3's and a few other random car's I finally stumbled across a local garage selling two 350's. Both UK spec with the GT packs. The one I wanted in black turned out to be sold but they had a very nice gun metal grey version with fsh which I test drove and discovered it was exactly what I had been looking for. The torque is fantastic on these car's in comparison and although my mpg figure is probably less than what I could achieve in my EP3 it doesn't really bother me. If you can Jason go out and test drive one as I'm sure you will not be disappointed. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I got 11mpg in my 350 last time out- but that was a track day. I have seen 9mpg :D . I own an oil burner for mpg and fall asleep thinking about driving it. Ignore the mpg the EP3 is a cracking car but feels nippy rather than out and out fast. The 350 feels long and dare I say it slightly lazy but the exhaust note has attracted comments (positively) from all my Porker owning friends. Think of it as 80% of a 911 for 40% of the price.

I had 350z's from 2004 to 2010 - 19.6mpg from day one, to day two thousand one hundred and ninety two. I like the throttle pedal.

God almighty - the internet's up the pole tonight. Can a mod delete this duplicate, please?

Edited by chubbster

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the forum.

You will thoroughly enjoy owning a zed if you decide to go down that route.

I'm on my second zed now and never been happier.

Only thing I would say it's not miles per gallon it's smiles per gallon!!!! ðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk