Still undecided on what to do?

nowhereboy

I'm moving into a new flat in the city center next month, its right next to my office for work and In a really nice area overlooking the tyne and the quayside. It really is nice and I'm pretty excited about it.

Anyway, I'm still faced with the problem of not knowing what to do with my car. I was planning on putting it up for sale tonight but after the drive home I'm finding it very hard to do.

I've just found out my company will be removing our targets/bonus and be increasing our basic wage. The wage is rumoured to go up substantially but as of yet the management has kept everything quiet.

So basically I'm left with a couple of choices, sell up and buy an EP3 with the change, pay off my debt with the remaining money and be comfortable financially and in a nice new flat. Or keep a hold of the 350Z and wait it out, see what happens with my wage and be a little bit hard up in the mean time.

My main worry is if anything crops up that needs doing on the Z I will struggle to get the money together to sort it and thats not a nice position to be in.

I've got to be honest I've been toying with the idea of going back to a type R for a while now anyway, In some ways I prefered that car. Looking at them is softening the blow a little

http://www.pistonhea...--2004/1763790#

What do you think? I still have KW coilovers and a AEM air filter lying about from my old type r too, so I have the added bonus of being able to mod it straight away.

This is really doing my head in, been thinking about this all day!!!

Go with what your heart tells you. Because you don't have to commute your saving money every week on fuel. I always though when i sold my zed i would buy another one in the future but i don't think i ever would now. Only because theres so many other cars i'd love to own. Only you know what to do, but from personal experience, once the doubts start, its only a matter of time before i change.

Good luck.

Well I just came from a Type R to my Zed and tbh I wouldn't go back. Not that the EP3 wasn't great but it just felt like more of a Chav's car especially with the low prices of some nowadays making them more affordable to, ...well, Chavs & boy racers. The Zed with it's leather/electric/heated seats and sports coupe styling is so much nicer imo. If I ever bought an EP3 again it would purely be for a track day car because as a daily driver I'd prefer something a bit more luxurious. ;)

• Like 1

Sometimes stuff happens in life that is like a trigger that "allows" you to do what you wanted to do anyway. It may well be that you have not quite found the 350 to your taste and this current situation gives you the "justification" that you are changing for a legitimate reason (if you get my drift). If that's the case, then it's an all round win if you go back to the Type R.

• Like 1

Cheers lads.

I think the Z is a great car, I love the way it looks and drives but I feel like something is missing and I'm not sure what. I guess thats why I wanted to modify it so badly but with a new flat on the agenda that isn't going to be possible for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the Z a lot, but I feel it's lacking something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I agree Neil, hot hatches and B roads are a brilliant match, I could also fit my band gear in the car easier, along with my friends. I'd be saving money on the car, on insurance and on running costs and In reality I'd be having just as much fun.

I Hate how common type R's have become tho and the Z gains a lot more attention/respect on the road.

I've got some serious thinking to do.

Well I just came from a Type R to my Zed and tbh I wouldn't go back. Not that the EP3 wasn't great but it just felt like more of a Chav's car especially with the low prices of some nowadays making them more affordable to, ...well, Chavs & boy racers. The Zed with it's leather/electric/heated seats and sports coupe styling is so much nicer imo. If I ever bought an EP3 again it would purely be for a track day car because as a daily driver I'd prefer something a bit more luxurious. ;)

I would argue the Zed is quite literally falling into the same bracket of affordability and accessibility to much younger more boy racer types... (not saying that is you btw!)

I would argue the Zed is quite literally falling into the same bracket of affordability and accessibility to much younger more boy racer types... (not saying that is you btw!)

True just look at Glrnet and Ebized.... proper boy racers those two :blush:

• Like 1

Cheers lads.

I think the Z is a great car, I love the way it looks and drives but I feel like something is missing and I'm not sure what. I guess thats why I wanted to modify it so badly but with a new flat on the agenda that isn't going to be possible for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the Z a lot, but I feel it's lacking something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I agree Neil, hot hatches and B roads are a brilliant match, I could also fit my band gear in the car easier, along with my friends. I'd be saving money on the car, on insurance and on running costs and In reality I'd be having just as much fun.

I Hate how common type R's have become tho and the Z gains a lot more attention/respect on the road.

I've got some serious thinking to do.

After that post I'm surprised you do?

You don't like the car. You can splash 20k on it. It's still a 6k car you don't like. You want a hatch you say you will have more fun plus it's cheaper.

I'd go house and fun over a car anyway of the week.

Christ, I'm in the odd position of completely agreeing with everything Dblock just said. That's an odd feeling.

But yeah, the Zed isn't for everyone, sell it and buy something you actually like.

You say that but we agree on quite a lot of things except for tyres :lol: even then we agree but we all know what your like.

Plus I'm not a keyboard warrior troll :-p

I bet if we ever met we would either be trading punches or be BFFs.

Christ, I'm in the odd position of completely agreeing with everything Dblock just said. That's an odd feeling.

But yeah, the Zed isn't for everyone, sell it and buy something you actually like.

You say that but we agree on quite a lot of things except for tyres :lol: even then we agree but we all know what your like.

Plus I'm not a keyboard warrior troll :-p

I bet if we ever met we would either be trading punches or be BFFs.

I find this breakout of peace rather moving. However, in the words of Basil Fawlty's brother who works at Mixed Tyres of Torquay - "Don't mention the tyres" :p

• Like 1

Not sure I agree with you there but I understand the Zed's are becoming more affordable but not quite in the same league as the Type R. High mileage Type R's can be had now for under £2K quite often where as you'd be hard pressed to find a similar aged Zed with similar miles anywhere near that sort of price. Plus the insurance alone should put the Zed out of reach for some younger drivers (I'd hope :) ). :thumbs:

To be honest I don't think think that many Chavy types drive type R's anyway. The insurance on them is still sky high until you hit mid twenties. Saying that, they are still very common and the older high milers look really cr@P.

With a few subtle mod's they can still turn heads tho, I think they look smart when done properly.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-type-r-cosmic-grey-ctr-number-plate------------------2004/1796030#

This one looks like it's been well looked after. All the mod's are tasteful and the work has been done by TGM. Knock a few hundred quid off the price and I'd be happy with that like, just a shame its done 100,000 + miles. Not that it matters with a honda anyway.

Think Im going to go test drive one and see how I feel. I could really use the extra couple of grand right now.

To be honest I don't think think that many Chavy types drive type R's anyway. The insurance on them is still sky high until you hit mid twenties. Saying that, they are still very common and the older high milers look really cr@P.

With a few subtle mod's they can still turn heads tho, I think they look smart when done properly.

http://www.pistonhea...--2004/1796030#

This one looks like it's been well looked after. All the mod's are tasteful and the work has been done by TGM. Knock a few hundred quid off the price and I'd be happy with that like, just a shame its done 100,000 + miles. Not that it matters with a honda anyway.

Think Im going to go test drive one and see how I feel. I could really use the extra couple of grand right now.

Going for a test drive can't hurt and it might help you make up your mind. Mileage wise I wouldn't worry too much about an EP3 with over 100K on it as long as it's been serviced regularly and had the oil level checked regularly too. Oil level is critical with the K20 engine to keep it running well and they will not engage VTEC if the oil drops below a certain level which is why before buying one you must always check the oil level & that VTEC engages smoothly around 6K rpm. My 2003 Type R that I just recently sold had 118K miles on it and still went incredibly well but I maintained it properly (and so did the previous owners). ;)
  • Like 1

The Z is definitely falling into the price for younger buyers...problem is most of them can't actually afford to run it. I have noticed more and more people buying them for less than 12 months then selling them on.

I bought mine when I was 22 so I can't really talk but the imports/higher mileage numbers will soon fall to the same fate as EP3's....noticed loads already on eBay with ill fitting wheels and cheap tyres :(

• Like 1

Going for a test drive can't hurt and it might help you make up your mind. Mileage wise I wouldn't worry too much about an EP3 with over 100K on it as long as it's been serviced regularly and had the oil level checked regularly too. Oil level is critical with the K20 engine to keep it running well and they will not engage VTEC if the oil drops below a certain level which is why before buying one you must always check the oil level & that VTEC engages smoothly around 6K rpm. My 2003 Type R that I just recently sold had 118K miles on it and still went incredibly well but I maintained it properly (and so did the previous owners). ;)

Thanks for the advice fella! I actually had an EP3 a while back so I have a pretty good understanding of what to look for. I know the mileage isn't something to worry about as long as it's been well looked after but it would still bother me a little bit. I would probably only have the EP3 up until next summer and I'd upgrade again anyway so it's not like I will be running up loads of miles.

After having a serious think about how much money I will be paying out a month in my new gaff I don't think the Z will be staying. It's possible financially but I'd have to really watch my spending and live to a pretty tight budget, It just aint worth it for the sake of a car.

It's going to kill me watching someone drive my Z away tho.

DC2 is one of the best front wheel drive cars in my opinion, an absolute beast on the track and the B roads. I've been out in a few.

I'm talking to someone on here about possibly trading my 350 for a dc2 with cash my way.

I'm not sure tho, they are quite brutal and not the comfiest of cars to live with. They have all done loads of miles too.

DC2 is one of the best front wheel drive cars in my opinion, an absolute beast on the track and the B roads. I've been out in a few.

I'm talking to someone on here about possibly trading my 350 for a dc2 with cash my way.

I'm not sure tho, they are quite brutal and not the comfiest of cars to live with. They have all done loads of miles too.

There is no way you had an ep3 before. Anyone who has owned a Honda know miles mean nothing!

• Like 1