Best option for cleaning if I can't park by my house

Randy_Baton

I think I could probably get into this detailing malarkey, but I can't really work on a car by my house. Any ideas of the best options?

I was thinking maybe using the the pressure washer at the petrol station for general cleaning and then getting the professionals in a couple of times a year?

My brother has a similar problem as he cannot park outside his house. Best thing is probably as you said to use the pressure washer at the local petrol station and once cleaned either get together your own wax/detailing products and use them at the petrol station or fork out some cash for the pro's to do it for you. I prefer working on my car myself so I'd rather just carry everything I need to the petrol station and do it myself once the body has been dried.

Or if your car is parked near someone elses house, maybe they'd be kind enough to let you use a hose there? If they're not on a water metre it's even better. I live in a block of flats and my car is also not parked near my flat (plus I'm on the top floor so it's a right pain to lug water down in buckets and watering cans!) Luckily, a number of my neighbours who live in the houses near where I park my car have offered to let me use their outside hose so that's how I do mine. There are still nice people out there, might be worth asking. :)

Yup I used to go up to the garage and use their pressure washer but also took my two buckets and shampoo - although made sure it was at 'quiet' times otherwise you had folk asking pointedly "How long are you likelt to be?". Then I asked a neighbour over the road if I could use their outdoor tap and I was sorted - they thought I was crackers with how often I was over there washing Saffy :lol: Needless to say they got a very nice bottle of wine at Xmas time ;)

Ask friends who do own houses if you can come around and use their drive? Perhaps a bottle of wine as a sweetener for when you turn up? Or do theirs too :)

I live in Brighton, we are all on water meters, its bad enough my car does less than 20 mpg. Surprised the green brigade haven't impounded it ;)