A few noobish simple queries...

Andymac183

So I've owned her a couple of weeks, and queries are starting to form about certain things, nothing too major but if someone can help, great...!

Headlight Washers - are they supposed to be aimed so high they wet the windscreen too? IS THIS NORMAL?

Gearbox - 1st and 2nd are a bit stiffer and harder to push into place? IS THIS NORMAL?

Bluetooth - I have the BT adapter, pairs with the iPhone 4 great, makes/receives calls - can I use voice commands, and what are they?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

1. Headlight washers, yes the water comes out quite fast and the slop back style of the lights make the water hit the windscreen. 2. Gears 1st to 2nd is always a bit of an issue. personally I just allow the gears to drop in rather than trying to force it in an it works fine. 3rd. I could always manage to use the voice commands but this was with a Nokia. I can't say for the IPhone's.

Forget the voice controls on the phone ... yes it works but not very well ... depends on your accent ... don't bother with it

As for the headlight wash ... depends on what speed you're doing ... also good for p!ss!ng someone off who wouldn't let you pass on the motorway after they let you go by ... give them a long blast on the washer and watch them pull back lol

and the gearbox ... just take your time ... a bit of double de-clutching will help

Edited by ATTAK Z

Voice controls can be hit and miss. I think that is because my exhaust note may interfere with it picking up my commands.

You need to add in all of your numbers manually into the bluetooth system, it doesn't access your phone contact list. Shouting list names will tell you all of the currently saved names in its system. Don't be alarmed when you hear someone elses voice as it will be what they saved their numbers as.

Typical phone for me:

me: Push button

me: dial name

phone: The name please

me: Dad

phone: pardon?

me: Daaad

me:Dad (in a deeper voice)

me: Dad (in a normal voice with out my foot on the accelerator)

phone:The number is dialled

Then my EE signal will fail and it will drop the call!

You can use "Dial Number" to manually speak out a numer also. There is a pdf of the booklet knocking around somewhere

• Like 1

As above.

1 Yes, the headlamp washers wash the headlamps, front wings, bonnet, windscreen, roof, boot and the car behind :rant: ("washing" the car behind is my new favourite game to play on absolutely anyone who is tail gaiting me. Just hold the lamp washer switch until they back off ;) )

2 Yes, just let the revs drop a little and it will be easier on the box and your wallet in the long run. I find going from 1st to 2nd, I come out of first, go for second and hold it against the gate, when the revs drop enough it pops in.

3 Yes, works fine with all iphones. There is a manual available for download somewhere on here with all the commands. Just get used to hearing "Pardon!?!" quote a lot.

Edited by cs2000

I'm surprised at the number of people saying they have issues with 1st to 2nd, that change for me has never been a problem. It's a bit notchy, but the whole gearbox is really, it's one of the things people liked when the cars first came out.

I remember 1st to 2nd was a problem, grab some proper Nissan gear oil with molyslip makes a big difference.

BT, yeah I ended up having a right argument with it - Pardon?! Are you taking the BEEP! Stop saying Pardon. I am speaking really clearly its effin obvious what I am saying!

Mount the phone in a cradle and press buttons.