Ayesha is mine!!!

toffeeman

Well, just got back from my 250 mile run home from picking my car up from Louis. The traffic was ridiculous , the car was great!! :D Two hours after leaving Louis I was only 59 miles away. I'm glad I don't have to do that everyday!!

Some queries for you Zed experts!!

1. I want to replace the front bumper reflectors and know this is a bumper off job. Has anybody done this before? Is it a one man job? How many fixing points are there? Is there an online guide anywhere?

2. The car tracks true but the steering wheel is a couple of degrees out and sits slightly turned to the right. If I was to get the geometry / tracking checked and adjusted does anybody know if it would pull the steering wheel back into alignment?

3. What have people got there rev shift indicator light set too? Mine is currently set to 6500 rpm.

I've noticed that this car feels slightly quicker than my last Zed as I sold that with only 5000 miles on the clock and was probably still a bit tight in the engine. The fuel economy was amazing. My Prodrive Impreza would have done about 21mpg on that journey but my Zed did 30.4mpg.

Feels great to be back!! :thumbs:

Craig.

When I bought mine new, the rev shift indicator was set to 4,000! I was on the phone to the dealer after driving 1 km down the road with a 'me cars f**ked' phone call and all was explained :) Set to 6500 now.

Congrats chap :teeth:

Did Louis tell you the sale comes with some small print whereby you have to take him to all the car shows? ;)

My shift indicator is set to 6500 as with the others. Very rarely hit though as most of my miles are to work and back.

When I bought mine new, the rev shift indicator was set to 4,000! I was on the phone to the dealer after driving 1 km down the road with a 'me cars f**ked' phone call and all was explained :) Set to 6500 now.

Maybe they do this to control the right foot in the bedding in miles? You're not usally meant to rev a car above 4000 (ish) in the first 1000 miles are you. Would certainly keep me under control.

What synthetic oils do people use on here?

I've had a look at the FAQ section but would also like "real world" reccommends.

I've used Mobil 1 and Fuchs Silkolene oils before and seemed to work well.

What is the general concensus on SAE ratings? 5W30??

Opie oils one of the traders on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

I used fully synthetic Amsoil 5w/30. Silkolene is meant to be good and ive used Magnatec in the past and was quite impressed.

My revs set at 6500.

I did my bumper inserts myself, only takes an hour or so but it was a little fiddly.

Welcome back fellow Toffeman!! :)

Sorry to see your zed go Loius :(

ps what about Motul 300v Oil or sumit, heard its meant to be good? Iv got a service comming next month & need to decide on oil also.

Maybe they do this to control the right foot in the bedding in miles? You're not usally meant to rev a car above 4000 (ish) in the first 1000 miles are you. Would certainly keep me under control.

Setting the shift light at this rpm is also very "green" if thats your thing. (okay you probably would be on a teslacars forum if that was your thing and not a Zed one!). The shift light starts flashing 500 rpm before the set speed ie; 3500 which is about peak torque and therefore the most efficient engine speed. :yawn:

Ill get me coat

:tumbleweed:

Guest prescience

To me, the flashing rpm light was a most annoying thing about the car, I set it as high as was possible and all I wanted was it removed altogether - if I wanted flashing lights in the car, I would've bought some plug in Xmas tree ones :thumbdown::dry:

That's exactly it Nixy.

You set the rev limiter at whatever you want via the right hand 'pod' on top of the dash. Then the lights start flashing 500 rpm before the set limit.

2. The car tracks true but the steering wheel is a couple of degrees out and sits slightly turned to the right. If I was to get the geometry / tracking checked and adjusted does anybody know if it would pull the steering wheel back into alignment?

Craig.

Take it to any competent garage and get them to track it up with the steering wheel centered.

Someone has tracked the car before and not bothered to check if the wheel was straight as they did it - it's surprisingly common and one of my pet hates in a car.

I charge £20+VAT for laser wheel alignment so don't get ripped off, its a simple while you wait job.

HTH

Craig.

Take it to any competent garage and get them to track it up with the steering wheel centered.

Someone has tracked the car before and not bothered to check if the wheel was straight as they did it - it's surprisingly common and one of my pet hates in a car.

I charge £20+VAT for laser wheel alignment so don't get ripped off, its a simple while you wait job.

HTH

Dan,

You read my mind. I called a local company earlier who told me exactly the same thing. They quoted £22 and said it would take an hour. Ideal :thumbs:

Craig.