350z & 370Z LED Bulb Kits

cs2000

Recieved mine today, and the instructions kind of make sense done everything except the sidelights and vanity mirrors. The all look great fitted so far

It is the vanity mirrors I have an issu with...look at these pics and tell me how the hell i change the bulb. They are the same on both drivers and passengers.

light on

10460448194_40b03245db_b.jpg

Led upgrades by p_h_7, on Flickr

light off for ease of sight.

10460635223_4901d2eb80_b.jpg

Led upgrades by p_h_7, on Flickr

The side repeaters are difficult. You may be letter inserting a butter knife behind them and pressing. They release in a similar way to the boot light.

Thanks will tape it up as well and do the side lights at week end looks good what iv fitted anyway :-)

What do you mean by tape it up?

Briggsybriggs1, on 24 October 2013 - 18:55, said:

The side repeaters are difficult. You may be letter inserting a butter knife behind them and pressing. They release in a similar way to the boot light.

Thanks will tape it up as well and do the side lights at week end looks good what iv fitted anyway :-)

What do you mean by tape it up?

I mean wrap inserlason tape round the butter knife to protect the paint :-)

Chris did you receive my pm fella?

Yes, I responded to it didn't I (just wanted to make sure...)

PH7, weird. Is yours an import or anything? On mine UK 04 plate GT, those bulbs are 29mm festoons.

Just popped out to take a look at mine again.

Finger over the led so you can see it clearer with the cover on.

photo1-2.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

The blue tool is just stuck in there so it turns out the light.

photo5.jpg

Edited by cs2000

Well my car is defo UK as I have the original invoice.

It just goes to show the issues manufacturers face, no doubt they had supply/quality issues and had to substitute it out on the production lines.

I'm guessing there wont be a solution to my setup then ....

Edited by ph 7

Ta for clearing that up BM.

Its a shame, could be your car was originally destined to be a jap model, but was sent to the UK half way through the build, or as you say, a supply issue with the UK fixings. Well, you cut cut the wires and do some careful soldering to solder the new LED in place I guess, but the bulbs you have wont fit as standard sadly :(

Can refund you the cost of those particular bulbs if youd like.

Me and soldering go together like chalk and cheese! I'm guesssing I'll have to leave it for now. I suppose I will have my hand forced and need to look at it if either of the existing bulbs ever fail as I can't see an easy way of replacing the bulb.

Thanks for the offer of the the refund but I'll hold onto them just in case I take a brave pill!

Ok mate, weird, but I guess we learn something every day.

LincolnBaggie, you should have a reply to your PM :)

I have added the photos of the two kinds to the main page.

Anyone who's ordered up-to now can get a refund for those bulbs (will have to check the exact price, but will only be £4.00 orso) if they would like them and can show proof they don't fit, as PH7 has :)

From now on, with the large photos id hope, and have advised people to check first.

Edited by cs2000