350z & 370Z LED Bulb Kits

cs2000

Hey all, seems we have another teething issue. Despite me ordering all of the vanity mirror bulbs from 1 place, some of them seem to be too long, i suspect 29mm rather than the required 27.

Im going to order 1 that should fit from a different person, if it fits my car il order the rest and send them out as required.

Can anyone who's got vanity mirror bulbs please give them a shot, if they're too short, drop me a PM with your address and il get the replacements to you as soon as I can verify they're good. Might be a short while, but don't worry you will get them

Sorry for the hassle.

@Paddy78 - No worries mate, just sorting out the issue above first then il get in touch :)

I would suggest using a credit card for the side repeaters, mush easier than with the pry tool!

Definatly recommend a credit card for doing the side repeaters after fitting most of my kit today. Fairplay they all look really good

Edited by Crb
  • Like 1

Ok, really REALLY sorry for the issues with the vanity bulbs, and also the time its taken to find a solution, let me explain.

Immediately after finding out the bulbs were having issues fitting, I scoured the web and p;laced an order for some very hard to find 27mm festoons. 2 weeks went by and I was contacted saying they had been returned to the company, some rubbish to do with customs rejecting them...right.

Then found someone else selling the same thing, ordered 20 sets aaaand, they don't fit. They're the correct width, but the ends of the bulbs are huge, no way they would fit in the zed. photo2-3.jpg

I then was out of options. the 27mm bulbs I have are seemingly no longer available anywhere in the world, so I broke out the power tools and trimmed the 29mm bulbs that ive sent out to all you guys down to size, which leaves me with these. photo1-4.jpg

So, they may not be pretty, but they will be hidden behind the light diffusers anyway and most importantly THEY FIT!! I have been out in the car and tested every single bulb to confirm it fits and it works.so...

Anyone who ordered either a full or an interior only set from me is entitled to a replacement bulb set for the vanity mirrors as the ones you have wont have fitted. I have 9 sets infront of me here ready to go, need to do some digging to see if I have more around. If you bought one of my sets and need replacement vanity bulbs, PM me your address, il check my records and get you a set sent out.

Once again, appologies for this issue and the time its took to resolve it. As I say, ive tested these bulbs individually in my own zed so can confirm you will be trouble free from here out.

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest using a credit card for the side repeaters, mush easier than with the pry tool!

Definatly recommend a credit card for doing the side repeaters after fitting most of my kit today. Fairplay they all look really good

Finally got round to trying today, so much easier with a credit card!!! I actual used 2 one each side of the lights, thanks

hi Chris , I finally got round to fitting all mine today, and I found the vanity ones a bit big the plastic does not quite pop in right where the bulbs are! but apart from that all the other were brill, well except not much free wiring behind the headlight unit and struggling to get the side light bulb out and then it coming off inside the light so I had to take the whole light out lol but I needed the bumper off anyway to start doing my reflector mod!

• Like 1

Posting another set of these out today guys :)

Got about 2-3 sets of stock left before il have to order some more of certain bulbs so get your order in if you want them before Christmas as there is a lead time on some of my stock as some bulbs come from Hong Kong.

Will check what I have in stock and drop you a PM later (not that it should be a problem, but want to double check) :)

You will also be my guinea pig as I havnt sold any to any 370 owners yet, just somewhere around 30 350 owners.

Edited by cs2000

• 4 weeks later...

@richard.hezlett - Thanks for the POM, replied to it.

@flex - Really glad you're still happy :D

All, I have the following in stock ready to go the next day :)

2 Full 350z sets

3 Interior 350z sets

1 370 Interior set

1 370 Exterior set

The other kits, i can arrange with a small lead time delay :)

Edited by cs2000

Received this kit yesterday or Friday. Had half an hour to myself to fit them today and managed all the interior and exterior ones by following the simple instructions and using the included tool except...I was defeated by the sidelights.

The instructions say something about a bolt at 7 o'clock but by my reckoning that would be on the ground. I did find a screw at about 10 o'clock and undid it and peeled back the wheel arch liner down to the bottom of the (Nismo V1) bumper. However, this didn't afford me enough room to get my hand in AND turn the sidelight holder..I could only fit in one of my hands and only in one orientation, making applying torque to the holder almost impossible (I have big hands). Is there another way, or am I missing something? do I need a monkey-handed friend to help me?

Still highly recommended!

Received this kit yesterday or Friday. Had half an hour to myself to fit them today and managed all the interior and exterior ones by following the simple instructions and using the included tool except...I was defeated by the sidelights.

The instructions say something about a bolt at 7 o'clock but by my reckoning that would be on the ground. I did find a screw at about 10 o'clock and undid it and peeled back the wheel arch liner down to the bottom of the (Nismo V1) bumper. However, this didn't afford me enough room to get my hand in AND turn the sidelight holder..I could only fit in one of my hands and only in one orientation, making applying torque to the holder almost impossible (I have big hands). Is there another way, or am I missing something? do I need a monkey-handed friend to help me?

Still highly recommended!

I did my sidelights this way: Started on the drivers side, turned the steering all the way to the left first, removed the screw at 3 o'clock on the wheel arch liner & two lower bolts which are on the valance ~ got my Mrs to hold the arch liner back whilst I put my hand in & turned the sidelight bulb holder out. Then removed old bulb and put in the LED. Tested it worked, then put it all back together. Repeat for the opposite side with the steering turned the opposite way. ;)

I don't have the biggest of hands though & it would have been a real pain without my Mrs holding the wheel arch liner back. Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Hah, ive just realised what you have done, but its my fault....

The bolt being at 7 o clock is only correct on the passenger side... :blush:

Obviously this gets reversed from the drivers side.

It should allow you enough room (with the wheels on the appropriate side pointed filly inwards) to just about get access to the sidelights.

Another full 350 set & 370 exterior set now sold :)

Current stock ready to go is now;

3x Interior 350z sets

1x Interior 370 set

Have some fresh bulbs on the way to be able to make up exterior kits again, should be in by Wednesday :)

• 2 weeks later...