350z vs Honda S2000

sambo

Hang on a second, a 350Z is only 1 second slower than am Exige S round the Nurburgring? I call bollocks, no way in hell - track tyres, much better power to weight but more than that an Exige S is a track car with numberplates, not an overweight GT thing :surrender:

Edited by docwra

I had a civic, and found that the gears where very fast and unlike the linear power delivery of the ZED you get an extra kick at the top end. On paper the S2K has less power (40 less than DE, 60 less the rev up) less torque (60lbs/ft) but does weight a small 285kg less :lol:

The Zed will get to 62 between 3 and 4 tenths of a second quicker and has a higher top speed as the S2K tops out at 150mph.

There is a youtube video of the japs testing the S2K, 350z, R34 GTR, M3 and Boxter (2.7l) was around 8 laps of a track in Japan. R34 was first followed by 350z, M3 (maybe biased not driving as fast :lol: ) S2000 and finally Boxter. As said before, very different cars, just depends on the driver.

350z is alot better than most think Some Nur-Ring laps times below show the 350z is capable and i think that time was a 2003 car all time are the same driver

8:47 Ep3

8:39 honda s2000

8:38 Honda NSX

8:29 Audi ttS

8:26 350z

8:25 Evo 6

8:25 Lotus exige s

8:24 Evo 7

I saw this, it was different magazines testing the cars. So wasn't the same driver thus the big difference in times.

This has been discussed many times before and even if a source is provided its called into question.

I have seen the 350z is only 4 seconds a lap slower than a M3 round the ring (fatsest laps), same driver of both cars, but still its debated. If you dont believe it, you are only going by opinion, how else can it be sensible discussed if stats provided arent believed?

• Like 1

350z is alot better than most think Some Nur-Ring laps times below show the 350z is capable and i think that time was a 2003 car all time are the same driver

8:47 Ep3

8:39 honda s2000

8:38 Honda NSX

8:29 Audi ttS

8:26 350z

8:25 Evo 6

8:25 Lotus exige s

8:24 Evo 7

I saw this, it was different magazines testing the cars. So wasn't the same driver thus the big difference in times.

was all the same driver, Horst von Saurma all for the German Sport auto magazine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_auto_(Germany)

Edited by StevoD

I had a civic, and found that the gears where very fast and unlike the linear power delivery of the ZED you get an extra kick at the top end. On paper the S2K has less power (40 less than DE, 60 less the rev up) less torque (60lbs/ft) but does weight a small 285kg less :lol:

The Zed will get to 62 between 3 and 4 tenths of a second quicker and has a higher top speed as the S2K tops out at 150mph.

There is a youtube video of the japs testing the S2K, 350z, R34 GTR, M3 and Boxter (2.7l) was around 8 laps of a track in Japan. R34 was first followed by 350z, M3 (maybe biased not driving as fast :lol: ) S2000 and finally Boxter. As said before, very different cars, just depends on the driver.

I hate to seem like Im targeting you, but the F20C is a different world from anything fitted to a Civic OE, particularly when mated with the gearbox. Real world, back to back the Zed is generally quicker 95% of the time because of the availability of the torque across the range a lot more than its peak figures. And since when has 0-60 had anything to do with any cars real performance? :)

As plenty of others have said, the driving experience between the two is completely different and thats not something you are going to be able to express with numbers on a bit of paper.

ETA: Horst von Shawarma could tell me that himself, I still wouldnt believe it. :lol:

Edited by docwra

Although the gtr gets in the way and z has like 3 tenths of a lap time slower but you can see the 350z pull much harder on the straights

Edited by StevoD

I hate to seem like Im targeting you, but the F20C is a different world from anything fitted to a Civic OE, particularly when mated with the gearbox. Real world, back to back the Zed is generally quicker 95% of the time because of the availability of the torque across the range a lot more than its peak figures. And since when has 0-60 had anything to do with any cars real performance? :)

As plenty of others have said, the driving experience between the two is completely different and thats not something you are going to be able to express with numbers on a bit of paper.

ETA: Horst von Shawarma could tell me that himself, I still wouldnt believe it. :lol:

You miss read me mate, I was meaning the civic felt a lot more urgent and I still get in my mates EP3 and it feels at certain points faster. However its just the power delivery comes as a surge rather than a consistant power. Which in turn gives the driver the feeling he is going faster than he is :lol:

0 - 62 doesn't but those details along with all the other ones I gave are pretty important as they tell a large part (not all) of the story of driving it. The Zed generally will win in most situations but I certainly wouldnt write a S2k off and certainly wouldn't be too annoyed if someone gave one to me :)

Hensh, you seem like a proper nice bloke, fair play to you, a lot of people would be taking that the wrong way and having a right go :)

The point Im trying to make (much like the last thread :lol: ) is that its difficult to give an accurate description of a car until youve driven it yourself, and when people are asking for buying advice it can muddy the waters quite a lot. S2K and 350Z is a great example, its only once youve driven both that you realise how different they are :)

Hensh, you seem like a proper nice bloke, fair play to you, a lot of people would be taking that the wrong way and having a right go :)

The point Im trying to make (much like the last thread :lol: ) is that its difficult to give an accurate description of a car until youve driven it yourself, and when people are asking for buying advice it can muddy the waters quite a lot. S2K and 350Z is a great example, its only once youve driven both that you realise how different they are :)

Not like me to jump on anything mate :lol:

100% agree, on paper cars are very similar so its up to the driver what suits best but with the last thread the cars where not similar on paper :lol:

I passed a stand of about 8 GT86s at knockhill and after our debate found it hard holding my sick in my mouth :lol: I should have approched the owners and grilled them on there choice of cars but I suspect I might have got a right left :lol: