350z vs Honda S2000

sambo

I asked the same question 350z vs s2k in march .... asnwered it now for myself... s2k is not even worth looking if you want a nice daily car... had a inbetween car in august, BMW Z4 - thats the right drop top - but only with 3.0 manual and sport mode :)

I only do 10miles a day so can put up with less refinement so thats not an issue for me! I ideally would want a black Z but they seem a bit more in price :(

Go try out a Z , a Z4 3.0 and S2000....

All very different beasts! the Z4 is very similar to the 350z only very agile... Its quicker than s2k, the roof is miles better, the sound system has 10 speakers not 2 (I had AP1 model),better mpg , turns more heads, low end torque is fenominal compared to the s2k :)

I do ~20 miles every day and s2k was not that great... VERY tailhappy when its wet, almost smashed it as I was overtaking some 20mph in a 40 zone in 1st, and when i shifted to 2nd on high revs the back end went.... on quite a straight line...

Here are a few teasers for you (All my toys,had them this year)

350z

20130920_170453_zps90b46b03.jpg

Z4

20130721_134822_zps9fde43ba.jpg

S2k

20130302_135502_zps1001dd72.jpg

p.s as said before- I would not go for GT spec s2k, as its not a convertible any more :))) hard top is too much hassle to take off/put on

Edited by Nero_slk

p.s as said before- I would not go for GT spec s2k, as its not a convertible any more :))) hard top is too much hassle to take off/put on

Fo the extra you might pay on buying a car with one will long out weigh the cost of getting one separate, also, if you feel that way after a while, sell it.

You only really want to switch the roof and canvas once a year so I don't see that as a problem.

Storing it, might be, as it's an awkward beast.

Nero I think your missing some key phrases on your posts. The terms "in my opinion" "for me" "I found" you write like its the 10 commandments, and I have say I disagree with most of what you say. But the key is that's my opinion of the car. If you were having issue with the stook, my guess is either your driving was the issue, or the geometry hadn't been set up properly or cheap Tyres. My drive to work is 5 miles and the Honda was a great daily car. It was not such a great long haul car. But I still drove to the south of france and back again in it.

That settles the argument as much as whiskey would indigestion. Its not about being faster, its about better handling. My xkr is way faster than the zed, but I'd much rather take the zed out on track than my xkr. The zed is faster than an s2000, but I'd much rather take the s2000 on a b road bomb, or on a track meet.

• Like 1

That settles the argument as much as whiskey would indigestion. Its not about being faster, its about better handling. My xkr is way faster than the zed, but I'd much rather take the zed out on track than my xkr. The zed is faster than an s2000, but I'd much rather take the s2000 on a b road bomb, or on a track meet.

Doesnt settle it but quite funny :lol:

• Like 1

I had a civic, and found that the gears where very fast and unlike the linear power delivery of the ZED you get an extra kick at the top end. On paper the S2K has less power (40 less than DE, 60 less the rev up) less torque (60lbs/ft) but does weight a small 285kg less :lol:

The Zed will get to 62 between 3 and 4 tenths of a second quicker and has a higher top speed as the S2K tops out at 150mph.

There is a youtube video of the japs testing the S2K, 350z, R34 GTR, M3 and Boxter (2.7l) was around 8 laps of a track in Japan. R34 was first followed by 350z, M3 (maybe biased not driving as fast :lol: ) S2000 and finally Boxter. As said before, very different cars, just depends on the driver.

One small point from the above, the S2k has far more than 60lbs/ft difference between the Zed. The S2000 has no more than 160 lbs/ft wheras the Zed has at least 100 more. In fact, the Zed has more torque on tickover than the S2000 has at peak.

All I can say is have a good test drive in both. Both are excellent cars that goes about giving its thrills in quite different ways. Neither is a bad choice, it depends more on what you actually want.