Anyone here used Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 Fully Synthetic?

dbass

Not the ESP version, I bet.

Porsche recommend (i.e. are paid money to advertise) Mobil 1 too, but the regular version, not that crap that's supposed to help with emissions.

http://www.litchfiel...n-GTR-Servicing

This one, if you're interested

Doesn't specify on that page anywhere, but again I bet it's not the ESP version.

The ESP version is not suitable for the 350/370 or R35 GT-R

I use and recommend Motul 5W30 Eco-Nergy 8100 fully synth for the 350Z.

I also use and recommend Mobil 1 New Life 0W40 fully synth for the R35 GT-R

Both the above are in stock and good to go same/next day.

Alex. :)

Why does everyone get so hooked up on what engine oil to use. Some oils are better for cold starts, some are better for high temps and some are better for long life etc. but basicly its just oil. Some oils are synthetic and some are not but if you change regularly it dosn't really matter that much.

People are brainwashed by car manufacturers that you must use this or that oil [ the oil companies pay them to say that ] when any half decent oil will do. I don't know anyone who has wrecked an engine from using the "wrong oil".

Auto trans oil is a good example when the car manufacturer says you must use x oil [ that costs an arm and leg ] or the box will spontaneously disintegrate, its all bulls..t.

As the Americans will say ,don't fall for "snake oil" bulls..t.

Why does everyone get so hooked up on what engine oil to use. Some oils are better for cold starts, some are better for high temps and some are better for long life etc. but basicly its just oil. Some oils are synthetic and some are not but if you change regularly it dosn't really matter that much.

People are brainwashed by car manufacturers that you must use this or that oil [ the oil companies pay them to say that ] when any half decent oil will do. I don't know anyone who has wrecked an engine from using the "wrong oil".

Auto trans oil is a good example when the car manufacturer says you must use x oil [ that costs an arm and leg ] or the box will spontaneously disintegrate, its all bulls..t.

I am sooooooo glad that you do not work as an adviser in the oil industry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

I am sooooooo glad that you do not work as an adviser in the oil industry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Alex

Wrong.

And remind me never to buy a car from you.

Don't worry, his car will be fine: He only ever uses ultra virgin olive oil in it.

And from Waitrose too, not Asda!

LOL,

although sometimes we go over the top with oil e.g. we always go for the highest spec. My last car needed gl4 gearbox oil. Some people would use elf oem stuff and a lot would use other stuff. But the people using the other stuff used gl5 thinking it was better but the gl5 apparently didn't like being used where gl4 was needed and could eat up some components. I don't know if this was true. I don't use OEM engine oil but you do need the match the engine spec to the oil. E.g. BMW does need ll-01 or LL-04 etc etc.

Ok. Let's put this whole thing in another context but you will probably see what I mean. If you had to have a blood transfusion and had to pay for it would you go to the hospital and have it done properly or would you get it done on the cheap somewhere with someone who had a few bags full?