New 350Z owner.. Hello.. have issues already :(

Also I cannot be expected to replace the tyres after only one week, I set aside money for mods, and could not embrace further costs at the moment. The tyres are original Bridgestones - RE50A's

Those tyres are not original.

That year they came out of factory with the 040's on and right up to the very last batch of 2009's

I have one.

I threw my car back at the big West London Dealer I got it from due to problems and a few porkies.

When I had a meeting with the Director he took me outside and said take a look at this.

Would you accept this car in exchange.

Outside was a 2009 blade silver with 9000 on the clock.

Dam right I did, and gave them there 36000 mile ex lease damaged car back lol.

• Like 2

I'd be interested to know which dealer it was. I spoke to a few dealers over the last couple of months one of which was selling a car with the mileage yours has got. Sorry to hear about your troubles bud!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

HELLO & WELCOME :thumbs: ..

Not good news, the dealer experience has never been good for me, Definitely keep a record of all conversations verbal face to face or phone, details of who you spoke & a what time. Take & keep copies of all emails & written correspondence. You must detail exactly what you see is wrong with the vehicle. what you would expect/accept as a fix. Give the dealer an opportunity to reply, then if not happy tell the dealer you will be writing to the Dealer Group General Manager with your buying experience, your local trading standards officer & that you intend to name shame & post on this forum. This is what i had to do to get my issues resolved for my previous car & i was refunded in full.

A good reputation takes years to build but it can be lost overnight. Best of luck.

You sure this car not been in a shunt...did you run a HPI check on it ?.. :scare:

This is one of the problems with HPI checks. If for example you have a 54 reg car and it gets 3k's worth of damage then it'll probably get written off as a Cat D, however if your 2012 car gets exactly the same damage it'll get repaired without anything going on the log book, that's how I read it anyway :shrug: .

Pete

True, but the other problem with HPI is that even if a vehicle is written off by the insurance company, HPI very often dont seem to know about it. Ive bought 2 vehicles in the past, including one which was a few weeks old which I knew were written off by the insurance company and yet when ive done an HPI check months later they came up clean.

I'd be interested to know which dealer it was. I spoke to a few dealers over the last couple of months one of which was selling a car with the mileage yours has got. Sorry to hear about your troubles bud!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

If I don't get a reply and my new front tyres soon then I will be telling everyone who they are.. bunch of ******* that's for sure.

Reply from said dealer after e-mailing them for new front tyres.

"We inspected the vehicle on the 29th Aug and inspected the tyres and noted the depth of each and reported no signs of abnormal wear, indeed on all test drives and final inspection no fault of drive or camber was noted.

As soon as I picked the car up I could hear a rumbling noise which has only gotten worse..

I have replied to this and awaiting outcome..

:welcome: to the forum. This is just another example of shocking service from a Nissan dealership - which I take it is not an HPC - name and shame them and in your next email mention you are a member on here then proceed to flag them up to Nissan HQ too :thumbs:

If I don't get a reply and my new front tyres soon then I will be telling everyone who they are.. bunch of ******* that's for sure.

If you do get lucky and they replace the tyres, make sure they dont replace them with mega nasty ones. They should all be the same make front/back else the traction control etc. can get upset.

If you do get lucky and they replace the tyres, make sure they dont replace them with mega nasty ones. They should all be the same make front/back else the traction control etc. can get upset.

Yep, I have told them that I would be happy with Vredestein ultrac sessantas for the front as I will no doubt be putting those on the back when the time comes.. as for ESP - I drive with it off when I'm on it.

Cheers for all the help guys!

:welcome: to the forum. This is just another example of shocking service from a Nissan dealership - which I take it is not an HPC - name and shame them and in your next email mention you are a member on here then proceed to flag them up to Nissan HQ too :thumbs:

Not a high performance centre no, god forbid they get their hands on a GT-R!

Just keep going back at them. I had some issues with my car when I got it from a Nissan dealer, 17 phones calls, 23 emails and 6 weeks later I received a cheque for just under £1000 for a new set of pads and discs all round ( I refused to let them supply and fit).

Why are Nissan Dealers such (D*****H****) cannot use the word, got a warning for just re-quoting it..!)

My wife had a new Nissan X trail a few years ago, we had nothing but aggravation when it came to having

work done on it..Why does it take 3 days to do a service..?? ..bring it in on Mon and it will be ready on Wed.

Door seals leaked, went back four times, each time they had it for at least a week (waiting parts..!!).

when it came back after about a month or so ..door seals leaked again...!! Rubbish after sales.

• Like 1

Yeah and they are trying to make out there is nothing at all wrong with the car... unacceptable.. This is the worst expereience I have ever had from a dealer.. It was supposed to be a nice surprise for my girlfriend when she came back from hospital after an operation.. now I just feel shafted and I am in the motor trade myself.. never felt so frustrated.

What do you make of this?

"Without doubt I understand your situation and again re iterate we are happy for you to bring the car to us for inspection, the car passed our tests and processes and as such we have no evidence of any issues that would relate to "merchantable quality or fit for purpose".

We have previously offered to collect with a view to inspecting the previously unseen paintwork issue you mention and the hanging wire and leave you a courtesy vehicle which you declined. We agreed for West Way Nissan to replace a part as you declined to bring the vehicle back for a cross member replacement which showed cosmetic damage only. We then offered a full refund, as we consider the vehicle purchased was of merchantable quality. We would have no issues in stocking this vehicle with a view to re-sale of the vehicle, and this was not offered due to any defects or issues other than you felt unhappy with the car which you declined.

In short we are covering our obligations and your decision to purchase the vehicle from us bears no relation to distance required to travel, should you feel any issues occur. Trading standards are there to protect Retailers / Consumers and offer advice and we would not object to any of our customers using this facility to gain an insight into consumer rights or the sales and provision of goods and services."

We then offered a full refund, as we consider the vehicle purchased was of merchantable quality. We would have no issues in stocking this vehicle with a view to re-sale of the vehicle, and this was not offered due to any defects or issues other than you felt unhappy with the car which you declined.

Hang on... so they have offered a full refund? In that case if you are not happy id be tempted to take it, wash my hands off it and buy another one?

:welcome: . I'd also be inclined to take the money and run. Why not buy a car from a forum member or from another Z site, at least you know that the car will have been well looked after. I don't know anyone who uses these sites and then sets out to thrash/smash a car to within an inch of its life. You'll also have a really good idea of the cars history as owners tend to either buy newer or go for another model.