New 350Z owner.. Hello.. have issues already :(

Hello everyone and pleased to meet you all.. I have owned my latest 350Z 57 plate HR since last saturday and bought it from a main Nissan dealer... I won't say who at this moment in time, but from the start I have had issues.

I have several questions that I would like to ask you which are pretty important, hoping you guys can help me.. cheers.post-19908-0-92181500-1378734709_thumb.jpg

Hello!! and thanks for quick reply!

When I first test drove the car, I found the steering wheel to be off centre, so I asked the supplying dealer to do the tracking for me for when I picked up the car. They didn't do it, and as I had travelled 70 miles by train to pick it up I took the car away.

So, I had the car tracked (four wheel alignment) at my expense near where I live. It is then that I found the front crossmember had been hit at the front (fairly heavy) but it still tracked ok, however the camber on the right side is 1.3 degrees and 0.45 on the left. (1.3 is just outside tolerance)

Spoke to the Nissan dealer in question and after much trouble, got them to agree to have the crossmember replaced at my local Nissan dealer at their cost.

By the same token the front tyres are cupped on the inside which is making a rumbling noise (gets worse under braking)

The car has only done 15,000 miles and is pretty immaculate a part from this and the issue below.

The rear park sensor wires were touching the exhaust! I have now tied them out of harms way but noticed the rear of the car had been repaired. (ie rear bumper) there was still masking tape on it!

So my question is, where do I stand with the tyre and camber issue? I think it is reasonable to ask for new front tyres, but they don't appear to be very co operative at all. cheers

Could you not go down the "not roadworthy" route and demand rectification?

theres an episode of dont get done get Dom, i believe good watch, i believe he would luv a case like yours throw the book at them, its on bbc iplayer ;), but yea specially if you bought on finance i believe you got alot in your favour, if your car was sold not fit for purpose etc etc

• Like 1

:welcome: to the forum!

Did you get a vehicle inspection done? It might still be worth getting one done soon as (I think RAC do them) they're quite expensive but also extensive (my dad seems to swear by them anyway, he had one done on his C36 AMG before buying)

My thinking is. If they find other things wrong with it that's unlikely to have been caused in the week you've had it, that would also go in your favour in any claims you might need/want to make.

:welcome: to the forum!

Did you get a vehicle inspection done? It might still be worth getting one done soon as (I think RAC do them) they're quite expensive but also extensive (my dad seems to swear by them anyway, he had one done on his C36 AMG before buying)

My thinking is. If they find other things wrong with it that's unlikely to have been caused in the week you've had it, that would also go in your favour in any claims you might need/want to make.

Yes, checked, it has no record of accident damage .. drives great too.. they say that the car was checked by a technician of 20 years at Nissan dealer and that it is fit for purpose...

Not sure what to do really, front tyres are original so it probably just needs the crossmember doing (already done alignement which was out) and new front tyres really.. as I said drives great and rear damage was just like a little prang in garage which had been repaired...

Hmmm. if they are going to replace the cross member then thats good. The tyres, depending on make are more than likely the ones which came on the car originally. They do wear on the inside more as normal due to the camber they run, but if they are not road worthy then they should really replace them.

The reversing sensors were standard on these cars, they were an after market option some nissan dealers fitted, so it wouldnt necessarily be something this particular dealer would know about.

All in all, when I bought my HR zed from a Nissan Main dealer I found they were keen to look at any problems, but the "warranty" they give you when you buy a used car doesnt seem to cover anything and its more of a case of "good will" from that paricular dealer.

Have you also checked the front drive belt? On mine it used to shred itself every 20k miles - its the one at the front of the engine when you open the bonnet.

Good luck.

I have inspected the car from underneath with the tray off.. the belt is like new still... no damage to sump or any other components that I can see.. I am fitting A gemini exhaust next week too.. and all components underneath look pretty good... I have also already fitted Cosworth air filters to it.

Just written another e-mail to the dealer and hoping for some kind of feedback, there is plenty of tread left in the tyre, but the inside edge is cupped - and I am pretty much saying to them that the tracking (aligment) was out, I have a printout.

You sure this car not been in a shunt...did you run a HPI check on it ?.. :scare:

This is one of the problems with HPI checks. If for example you have a 54 reg car and it gets 3k's worth of damage then it'll probably get written off as a Cat D, however if your 2012 car gets exactly the same damage it'll get repaired without anything going on the log book, that's how I read it anyway :shrug: .

Pete