Hi. looking to buy a GT4 this weekend.

Guest magzm8

Hi everyone.

I currently drive a Golf GTi 2.0 Turbo. Iv'e had it for 2 years and had many VW's before including an R32. I’ve decided to “Grow upâ€

Welcome!

Cue the colour war.....

Good choice, easiest way of checking for things that could need attention would be to look in the warranty section on here and look at what could / should have been done.

Other than that, prepare to fall in love with the noise it makes and the heads it turns. Reliability wise, it's still a Nissan / Datsun and they are pretty good. I'm not aware of anything to worry about at all.

Interior quality is good. It might not feel as well glued as your VW's but it's not far off IMO. Switches etc all feel good. Paint quality is also generally good apart from stone chips on the front / bonnet (bonnet seems to have thinner paint for some reason) but nothing more than you should expect for a low slung sports car. :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. You have made a good choice in car and also the best colour and another GT4 :yahoo: The only thing i can say is make sure it as the full service history. I have no issues with mine but it as only done 9600 miles. I think its a tad over priced though for the mileage it as done :thumbs:

Thanks for all your comments guys. Noted. I'll check through the service / warranty section too. With regard to the paint chips, I had "Armourfend" on my R32, it was good stuff but as the car was black you could see the vinyl if you looked close enough. Anyone got anything similar on their Z?

I'll let you know how I get on after Iv'e been for a test drive on Sunday. :thumbs:

Beavis, where should the GT4 plaque be situated? Iv'e only seen 1 picture online of it and you can't tell where abouts on the centre console it is. :)

Thanks for all your comments guys. Noted. I'll check through the service / warranty section too. With regard to the paint chips, I had "Armourfend" on my R32, it was good stuff but as the car was black you could see the vinyl if you looked close enough. Anyone got anything similar on their Z?

I'll let you know how I get on after Iv'e been for a test drive on Sunday. :thumbs:

Paintshield are well known here and get a good write up from all who have had the work done. :)

Beavis, where should the GT4 plaque be situated? Iv'e only seen 1 picture online of it and you can't tell where abouts on the centre console it is. :)

Yep Sarnie as said its between the seats but behind you. GT4 ***/176. :thumbs:

Thanks again for all your comments guys. Very Helpful.

I was wondering if any owners are over 6ft tall (I'm 6'1") and if so, are there any issues with seat hieght and hitting your head? As you can tell, I'm yet to even sit in a Z. :blush:

I was wondering if any owners are over 6ft tall (I'm 6'1") and if so, are there any issues with seat hieght and hitting your head? As you can tell, I'm yet to even sit in a Z. :blush:

same height as me , you'll have no probs :thumbs:

I'm 6'3" and have no issues with space.