My GM '07 HR Fast Road Build Thread (Update 11/01/15 New Exhaust)

Jp606

Wasn't going to do any more mods until after Christmas but ended up buying myself a Christmas present for the Z from Clark Motorsport, some Tein S-Tech lowering springs. Might brave the cold and fit them this weekend. :)

7DGbxRv.jpg?1

koj6FD7.jpg?1

After Christmas I shall be fitting Eibach ARBs to tighten up body roll and possibly new rear drop links too, I think the current ones are worn as I get a rear squeak when the car is cold over bumps but I'll investigate properly when I'm doing the springs to confirm that.

List of mods is growing constantly...!

Edited by Jp606

Yep, main reason I went for mine, get the odd scrape at the moment so didn't want to go too low but also wanted to improve the ride so best of both worlds really.

Thought your car had a bit of a lower stance when we spotted each other a few weeks ago, subtle but looks good :thumbs:

Edited by Jp606

• 1 month later...

Finally had some free time today and good weather so fitted the Tein springs. Pretty straight forward to do, fronts take a while but the rears take no time at all. Impressed with them, the Z height looks better now but I'm surprised at the cornering difference, definitely feels more planted round corners now. They are very slightly firmer than OEM, barely noticeable though, the front springs are progressive so give an OEM like ride normally and firm up under load. Overall I'm very impressed, especially for the cost! Well worth doing.

Pics:

Old vs new

gVRAMFxl.jpg

Fronts

fVEHfCtl.jpg

Rear

Completely forgot to take a before pic, but here is an after to show the drop:

O2xgMwzl.jpg

Excuse the poor light, it was getting dark by the time I finished!

Also have some Eibach ARBs and Whiteline adjustable drop links to fit, hopefully next weekend if it's not raining again. Once these are on then I'll be taking it down to Abbey Motorsport for a four wheel alignment.

5CnDPX5l.jpg

Fitted the Eibach ARBs and Whiteline adjustable drop links today. Wow! Why didn't I fit these sooner! Paired with the Tein springs the car now corners like it's on rails, drives like a different car. Understeer has also been reduced a lot. I highly recommend anyone thinking about these to get it done!

Easy enough to fit, drop links need to be adjusted so that there is no preload on the bar, meaning you have to adjust them with the car on the ground, there's not a lot of space to get under with it on the ground, especially now it's lowered but it's just about doable on the driveway. Anyway a few pics:

eLsI9A2.jpg

GiYwp0Q.jpg

PT1qesY.jpg?1

PT1qesY.jpg?1

tIKMSx4.jpg

Thinking of a rear wiper delete next. Car also needs a service as I've covered 6k already since the last one!

Edited by Jp606

I got the Eibach ARB's on mine, and love them, great upgrade over standard. Set mine to the softest on the front, and middle for the rear, but hardest all round for track days, and its amazing. The hardest settings are too harsh for long distance and normal roads. (Inside wheel lifts too easily).

Car looks good, really like that colour , looks like a touch of brown in some of the photos.

• Like 1

Car looks really good mate :thumbs: I've done all the LED lighting changeovers too and the bonnet dampers and now I'm waiting to spend my money on a Cobra resonated exhaust from Cougar Store.

Keep up the work and look forward to seeing the Zeditis grow :)

:thumbs:

The Cobra is great, I love the sound of mine.

Looking nice it's hard to no when to stop spending money on the Z,s but it gets addictive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me about it, list of mods is long and I keep reading up about supercharging.. The GTM kit which I can install myself at home would be a really fun project.

I got the Eibach ARB's on mine, and love them, great upgrade over standard. Set mine to the softest on the front, and middle for the rear, but hardest all round for track days, and its amazing. The hardest settings are too harsh for long distance and normal roads. (Inside wheel lifts too easily).

Car looks good, really like that colour , looks like a touch of brown in some of the photos.

Yep, same as my setup. Not tried hardest all round yet, when I get on a track day I'll adjust them I think, but for day to day use they are perfect at the moment. Really impressed at the lack of body roll!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mate, car looks great, best colour too! :thumbs:

If you have any other pictures of the car since you fitted the Teins can you post them up? I've got 19's and thinking I might need to lower it a tad.

Also thinking about getting a non-res Cobra, how are you getting on with yours, still loud and exciting?

• Like 1

Hello mate, car looks great, best colour too! :thumbs:

If you have any other pictures of the car since you fitted the Teins can you post them up? I've got 19's and thinking I might need to lower it a tad.

Also thinking about getting a non-res Cobra, how are you getting on with yours, still loud and exciting?

Yes, got some better pics I took the other day for Payco actually, he is also on 19" looking for a drop.

Side on:

R4oOkLP.jpg

XgjU335.jpg

Arches:

pQ0CsNB.jpg

R9X6kdk.jpg

Front clearance:

QkGXofc.jpg

Yes still love the exhaust! It is loud enough for me, however I do want to add decats or HFCs for the best gains when I remap, but without changing the sound too much which I think will be difficult. Mine is resonated though, so the non-res will be a different sound.

It is subtle, I do have to be careful with which routes I take as it catches on some speed bumps so I wouldn't want to be any lower and I want a front lip at some point which will reduce ground clearance even more. Ride is slightly firmer than OEM, still very comfortable.

I think non-res is a bit louder but the tone is different.

Edited by Jp606

• 4 weeks later...

Z went in for it's alignment at Abbey Motorsport last week, set up using their brand new Hunter Hawkeye laser system. Rear was all over the place, front was slightly out however the camber is still slightly out of OEM specs (very very small amount) so I need to look at getting some SuperPro adjustable compression arm bushes to give some adjustability there. Surprised at the difference after the alignment actually, I know Abbey slightly tweak OEM settings to give the best handling for the car and combined with my handling mods it corners really nicely. Big thumbs up to Scott from Abbey for picking the car up for me again and taking it in :thumbs:

Done some styling mods today, new chrome Z front and rear badges, Z wheel centre caps and a Zunsport mesh grill.

Before:

ao0AgIP.jpg

After:

xKZjseW.jpg

qjJAljb.jpg

Rear and wheels:

n9HozDo.jpg

uoY58qo.jpg

All badges came from Asad on here http://www.350z-uk.c...350z-z-emblems/ and grill from CS. :)

I attempted wrapping the lower lip in matt black and it was a disaster, looks a lot easier than it is! Need to get someone to professionally wrap it for me.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1