What the hell is this? (photos)

Hooch

Right, I have no idea what this is, I haven't taken the dash apart yet but when I do the Bose hack I will do.

It lights up when the ignition is on and the light seems to be a button but it does nothing?

It was there when I bought the car.

The car has the stock Bluetooth system so I don't think its a Bluetooth thing, any ideas?

2013-08-30185943.jpg

2013-08-30190006.jpg

Remove device, see if there's any writing on it . BS number /Manufacturers name/Model number/Serial number, etc then do a Google search. It's what I do when trying to identify unknown computer parts that I get presented with from time to time.

Pete

Sorry :) only joking. Best bet is just to see where that lead goes. Like was said any serial numbers or model numbers may well come up on Google.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Thought it might be simple but I guess its some unknown device, I have 8 days off from Sunday so I will do the Bose hack and see what this little thing is.

Stay tuned for the big reveal.

Ah so it is the sensor the the Satnav. Why is it a button?

And this is a 350z, I posted in the wrong section :wacko:

EDIT: Ahh I see it now...strange its not incorporated or something, sticks out like a bit of a sore thumb

satnav2.jpg

Edited by Hooch

EDIT: Ahh I see it now...strange its not incorporated or something, sticks out like a bit of a sore thumb

satnav2.jpg

How do you possibly change gear with your iPhone in the ashtray..It annoyed the life out of me, so I got this..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TETRAX-GEO-AIR-VENT-MAGNETIC-CAR-DASH-HOLDER-FOR-IPHONE-4-4S-IPOD-PHONE-GPS-/221275540558?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item33850ccc4e

Perfect, also for both sat nav and Bluetooth as your phone is in front of you.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

satnav2.jpg

That's deffo an aftermarket/DIY SatNav too, OEM one has rows of buttons in front of the screen

0073Nissan_350%20z_Sat_Nav_Conversion.jpg

Edited by BulletMagnet

satnav2.jpg

That's deffo an aftermarket/DIY SatNav too, OEM one has rows of buttons in front of the screen

0073Nissan_350%20z_Sat_Nav_Conversion.jpg

DE has Bird view which is remote only and that cool warp button :D

Mine has it too so will be adding 2k when it comes up for sale :D