Insurance payout

TheGreasyWeasel

Dear all,

I recently got rear ended in my Z and today got word that she's a Cat D write-off.

The insurers are offering £8350 outright, or £6000 and the car back. The quote from the garage is over £7000 to get her roadworthy again, but apart from the rear end it still drove and engine etc were still sound.

She's a 2006 GT in black, 61000 on the clock and values seem to be hovering around the £8500 mark on Autotrader.

Was wondering what you guys thought about the offers on the table and if I got the car back is there anyone who deals in Z breaking and spares?

Cheers in advance.... Weasel.

Dear all,

I recently got rear ended in my Z and today got word that she's a Cat D write-off.

The insurers are offering £8350 outright, or £6000 and the car back. The quote from the garage is over £7000 to get her roadworthy again, but apart from the rear end it still drove and engine etc were still sound.

She's a 2006 GT in black, 61000 on the clock and values seem to be hovering around the £8500 mark on Autotrader.

Was wondering what you guys thought about the offers on the table and if I got the car back is there anyone who deals in Z breaking and spares?

Cheers in advance.... Weasel.

Take the payout, buy a nice Import DE and spend the rest on mods :)

IMO it depends how much damage. If it was just a rear ender, then surely a new bumper, crash beam, lights and possibly straighten the rear 1/4's and boot would fix it. Far far from £7000.

I'd get a list of what needs done because for £6k you could fix it, put a set of 19's, full bodykit, respray, exhaust and still have change left over for an UpRev and other NA mods.

• Like 1

I had my 05 GT written off at the start of the year with similar mileage.

I received £8500 so it is always worth pushing the insurance company after their first offer. They will be looking to pay out as little as possible.

It is currently definitely a buyers market so I would take the offer and get yourself a new shiny car.

Even if you repaired it to the cost of £2000+, when you come to sell it, it will be worth £5k-6k. as mine is. Unless of course, take the £6k, buy yourself a daily run about, put the remainder of the money in the bank 'for a rainy day' and slowly, over the next year, turn the 350z into a track weapon.

Am I missing something here? sell your engine and your brembos and you're already winning surely? Other easy things to sell like seats, interior items and your wheels and you're above 9k? everythig else after is just a bonus - and when you get bored just scrap it lol

Edited by OsakaBen

Not really an option I'm afraid. I live in a ground floor flat with one allocated parking space, Got them up to £8600 and was a bit dicked on going any higher as it's MY insurer that valued it at £8350. Still more than I reckon I could have got for a sale on Autotrader...

Well deal done and off to do some shopping I suppose.

I hope you did negotiate?

Similar situation to me and I haggled but got £140 more than their original offer.

I'm taking time out from zed ownership but will have another in a couple of years as missing the old girl quite a bit

Seriously take the cash.

Repair it - Unless you know good people in the trade who will do it for you the bills will escalate out of control. My mates do this for a living & have done for over 30 years and still get burnt.

Factor in the time you will be without a car then the possibility the car might not be 100% to your satisfaction. :scare:

Stripping and selling it for spares - Unless you have got somewhere to store it you're gonna have to pay for a lock up, then the time to strip it down & sell, correct disposal of all fluids :headhurt:Is it really worth the hassle

The car will never be the same to you again . Let it go . Go grab a bargain , there plenty out there !!