going to run 295/30/19 mpss on the rear

buster

lucky enough to have found two mpss 295/30/19 part worns yesturday with 6 mm thread on them for a crazy price. ;)

plan to fit these on my 10.5 j rims for the rear to lose the stretched 265/35/19 .i ll be running 235/35/19s up front on 8.5 as i have fitted at present....i ve check to see if there are likely to be any issues with the t/c but cant find any listed.what you guys think.

Looking forward to the pics Bob :thumbs:

When I changed my fronts from 245/35/19 to 245/40/19 the t/c flashed a few times on the M-way @ speed then sorted itself out. Guessing it recalibrated for the difference in wheel speed. It does it everytime I switch between the stock rays & Nismos now. But after the first mile it always drives fine.

There's normally a 2.73% front to rear difference as stock, I run 3.21% with 0 problems with "stock" 19" sizes and with your new set up there will be a 2.01% difference. So, i'd say it would be ok :shrug:

I have run 295/30/19 MPS on my zed from almost when I bought it and never had a TC issue.

Word of caution:

-Depending on your wheel ET, camber. or ride height it will rub!! So requiring arch rolling.

- for a DD that's too much tyres and will negatively impact acceleration even though grip will increase but its not needed.

- you will experience more tram lining.

- the car will be almost undrivable in winter.

-I did tell shire all this when he bought the 295 from me :)

- go with 275 and you have the optimum tyre for the zed as a DD.

Having FI is a different matter and more tyre is better for traction and you have the power to overcome it. :D

Out of interest how much did you get the tyres for? I have a network of guys I get very good deals myself for the last 5years as I exclusively use only Michelins.

Out of interest how much did you get the tyres for? I have a network of guys I get very good deals myself for the last 5years as I exclusively use only Michelins.

I'm after 2x 245 40 18 MPSS anyone know af anywhere doing them cheaper than £150 a corner?

295/30/19 s now fitted.......had some issues removing some D1 alloy wheels nut but more of that later.....we fitted 15mm spacers to the rear which have off set of 35 so = 20......no rubbing and thats on a lowered suspension set up(coilovers).pics to follow.

Edited by buster