Has anyone had a Jeep Wrangler?

DoogyRev

So we are moving next month :( Found a really nice place :yahoo: but its further inland, so the winter weather . . . errr we'll just say its going to be a lot worse :cry:

Pics to come of the new place . . . we are swapping Bears and Coyotes in the garden for Eagles and whatever else turns up. Eagles are like pigeons in Trafalgar Square where we are going B) These pics were taken 5 min walk from where we will ve living :p . . . and the new house does not have a 'Shed' :console:

eagles01.jpg

eagles03.jpg

Anyway . . as the Mrs will have the RAM, I will need a cheap runabout to get me from A to B and perhaps some Off Roading :teeth: well it would be rude not to since we will be at the bottom of a mountain full of logging roads and ski resort :p

Has anyone had something like this . . .

http://wwwb.autotrad...showcpo=ShowCPO

Comments and suggestions :thumbs:

If I get one then a lift kit and proper studded winter tyres will be fitted :lol:

We hired one of these in Malta. Couldnt see out of the back/rear plastic window as it was so scratched. Quite difficult to get in and out of the back seats. If you put the roof down make sure any passengers in the rear seats are tied down or they'll blow away. Bob enjoyed driving it tho.

A mate of mine had one. Really good car. Does the job and well built, just like the gay guys you'll end up picking up in it. Does your wife know? Or are we keeping this one quiet for now? :lol:

Could bring a whole new meaning to "anyone fancy a drive in the Bush" :lol:

Oh wow... that is a touch "brokeback". Also, will it not be cold driving it when it's -30?

I even have a Cowboy Hat to wear when I am driving it :blush: They do come with hard tops, so cold may not be an issue.

We hired one of these in Malta. Couldnt see out of the back/rear plastic window as it was so scratched. Quite difficult to get in and out of the back seats. If you put the roof down make sure any passengers in the rear seats are tied down or they'll blow away. Bob enjoyed driving it tho.

I will remember that if BBK ever comes over, he can sit in the back and get blown :lol:

Remind me what you do for a living again Jim?

I am a Professional Services Engineer for a Smartphone Management Company :teeth: Which basically involves me sitting in my home office and chatting to people all day whilst I install and configure their software :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My brother had one in Oman. the arabs love them SO much that one arab dude chased me for about 3 miles in Muscat and I eventually pulled over thinking it was gonna kick off and he asked me how much I wanted for it!! Don't get that in England.

They're so rugged, but then they're unrefined, slow (4.0 but felt like a 1.6!) and you look gay in them. The rear bearings on the driveshafts went at least 2 times aswell, but it was an old 1995 model I think.

Awesome for dune bashing and pulling up outside gay bars. But seriously, they are a good 4x4, I guess like a more fun and slightly more refined Land Rover Defender.

My mate does that green lane stuff in one. Its road legal ?????????????????????????????stionable but it does what it says on the tin & never misses a beat, Your gonna be oooooookin cold in the winter in one. My choice 1st Nissan Patrol or 2nd Mitsubishi Pajero bullet proof buy know sell later same price and people with big caravans love them and they do caravaning in the summer . RESULT ON RESALE :thumbs: .

My brother had one in Oman. the arabs love them SO much that one arab dude chased me for about 3 miles in Muscat and I eventually pulled over thinking it was gonna kick off and he asked me how much I wanted for it!! Don't get that in England.

They're so rugged, but then they're unrefined, slow (4.0 but felt like a 1.6!) and you look gay in them. The rear bearings on the driveshafts went at least 2 times aswell, but it was an old 1995 model I think.

Awesome for dune bashing and pulling up outside gay bars. But seriously, they are a good 4x4, I guess like a more fun and slightly more refined Land Rover Defender.

Off topic slightly, lived in Oman for years and certainly know what you mean about the Arab enthusiasm for them.....