The Shark Build

Stutopia

I did say "it doesn't look too bad", ...small front plate should look much better though. B)

Although what do I know I still have the plinth & everything on my front bumper. :surrender::lol:

What's the point of charging, but having all that excess plate plinth and rear wiper weight on there? Get it stripped down because racecar :)

I originally bought a square plate for the front, but it wouldn't fit in the grille recess and the plate people wouldn't do me a smaller oblong plate for legal reasons, so it's not entirely down to you two naggin'

:lol:

That's why I supercharged it though so the Zed could easily carry the weight of the number plate plinth, rear wiper and of course the standard heated leather seats. :teeth:;)

• 2 weeks later...

Had my eye on this job for ages but got the fear I wouldn't be able to put them back on! Not quite 'refurbished' as I'm a bit too lazy but rubbed down, watery bits masked off and a few coats of hammerite applied. Looks way better than they did and they've stopped irritating me when I'm sat in traffic now :)

IMG_5391_zps510d2365.jpg

IMG_5400_zpsab4af361.jpg

I also installed a finger print too, you know, to give it that personal touch?

IMG_5396_zpsd42754aa.jpg

Might rub the finger print out in future depending on how I feel about it.

• Like 2

Found this today :(

I don't know how it got there but it's either something high reversing into me at work, or someone hitting her with something hard. I thought shopping trolley to start with, but I always park miles away from the norms.

Any ideas on putting it right? It's deep enough that it can't simply be left alone.

Absolutely fuming.

IMG_5431_zps87c6a488.jpg

IMG_5435_zps76bcf259.jpg

What a very odd place to suffer that kind of damage! :surrender:

Looks quite deep, towards the bottom there especially, I assume it catches the nail if you run a finger over it? If so, it's going to need paint. You could try some touch up paint (Paints4U would be a good place), fill the damage in the wet sand & polish to finish. Failing that a smart repair should be straightforward enough for that.

If it's not quite as bad as it looks, you might be able to get away with polishing it out, but I fear it may be too deep for that. :dry:

What a very odd place to suffer that kind of damage! :surrender:

Looks quite deep, towards the bottom there especially, I assume it catches the nail if you run a finger over it? If so, it's going to need paint. You could try some touch up paint (Paints4U would be a good place), fill the damage in the wet sand & polish to finish. Failing that a smart repair should be straightforward enough for that.

If it's not quite as bad as it looks, you might be able to get away with polishing it out, but I fear it may be too deep for that. :dry:

Not only does it catch a nail, the panel is actually deformed inward slightly and it very nearly accumaltes standing water!!!

I'll clean it and bang some touch up in simply to keep the elements at bay, but I fear this has wing re-spray written all over it. That means doing the bonnet and other wing too, if I'm doing the bonnet I may as well get a bulge bonnet fitted. Then you've done a grand getting it put right. Alternatively, I could get that Midnight Purple 2 full respray I've always wanted.

All of a sudden, £75 quid to chips away starts to seem like a good idea!

Gonna drop into my bodyshop guy this afternoon and see if he has any ideas.

I know you typed other words, but the only bit I heard.read was this;

I could get that Midnight Purple 2 full respray I've always wanted.

Do it. Do it now! :teeth:

On a slightly more serious note (do it!) that'll definitely need paint then, I'm afraid. You might as well try it yourself first - you've got nothing to lose at this point. And then do the Midnight Purple 2 thing anyway. :lol:

Just read through it all amazing attention to detail . looks amazing ! and would love that spoiler suits it really well !

Thank you!

I picked it up off a fellow member, but ultimately I think it came from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-BOOT-SPOILER-/131428492465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e99bfa4b1

Just need a good bodyshop to make it fit well.

I know you typed other words, but the only bit I heard.read was this;

I could get that Midnight Purple 2 full respray I've always wanted.

Do it. Do it now! :teeth:

On a slightly more serious note (do it!) that'll definitely need paint then, I'm afraid. You might as well try it yourself first - you've got nothing to lose at this point. And then do the Midnight Purple 2 thing anyway. :lol:

£150, booked in for three weeks time. Don't need to do the bonnet and other wing :yahoo:

£150, booked in for three weeks time. Don't need to do the bonnet and other wing :yahoo:

Won't the one wing in MP2 look a bit odd though? :teeth:

Glad it's not too expensive for you, still sucks that you're having to fork out at all though. :thumbdown:

Going MP2 one panel at a time!

• Like 1

Not nice having damage done to your car Stu but really it doesn't look that bad.

Tbh most "normal" folk wouldn't even notice but then us car folk are an OCD lot. :surrender::lol:

Good luck with the body shop. ;)

I know what you mean G and it is not that bad in the big scheme, but I can't walk past the offside now without eyes locking in on it, shedding a tear, and ignoring all the beautiful rest of it.

Also I find that once you start "living with" this and that, it's a slippery slope. My Clio went to the great scrapyard in the sky - all because the sun roof stopped working. No really.

I lived with that sunroof for months, then the interior door handle snapped off - I lived with that, the gear knob rubber came off - I lived with that, then the passenger door got a screwdriver hole from a break in (they didn't even steal my CDs!!!) - I lived with that, then I smashed a steel wheel on a kerb - I lived with that, then the next thing you know the gearbox is broken and it's only worth £50 to a scrappy, dead at 11 yrs old :(

Still if you buy French, these things will happen :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Trip to Grinspeed for service, thanks to Clark Motorsport and Cougar Store for the fluids...

045464DB-2B80-41B7-B7DA-2B1B430EB884_zpssynsjshp.jpg

Never get comfortable seeing her in the sky :scare:

AE718EE7-9EFC-4882-BB30-8895A3CE2118_zpskjvul4lq.jpg

...and the Cobra. Replacing the scorpion back box as its developed an irritating new sound which I'm guessing was baffles.

8CD13A93-3949-4E5F-8966-4438B1213E5A_zpsaisfxv4e.jpg

E66E4F62-F4AF-46EB-BB70-99C365961402_zpseyycc6jr.jpg

69938A64-85BC-4BAC-9A7C-FC8A91AFF274_zpssyud24sk.jpg

54013383-5F28-4B9E-81B2-882D53B0A18F_zpsourernrt.jpg

Well pleased, looks mint, not heard here yet as she's still on the ramp!!!

Edited by SuperStu

As it has reached a balmy 12C (peak of Northern summer) I thought it was time to lose the Alpins and go back to MPSS. Should guarantee some snow this week and no sun until September :dry:

For safety purposes I had to go and scrub the release agent off the tyres on some quiet back roads, which also afforded me the chance to test the new sound from the Cobra.

Well pleased with the noise :teeth:

As for the rubber, it was nice to get back on to summers, they feel a bit more stealthy as you drive around. It's been a mild old winter so I haven't really had a chance to see what the Alpins can do. I know they displace a shed load of water in heavy rain but I'm a little bit sad I didn't see some white stuff so I could work on my Scandinavian flicks.

Would I buy them again? Not unless I moved somewhere colder or more inland where the sea wouldn't protect you from the snow and ice. If, you're not a landlubber or are south of Sheffield, chuck some snow socks in the boot for a winter emergency and keep your MPSS on (also think about moving to the North :lol: ).

Edited by SuperStu